Tuesday, 14 July 2009

I am guestblogging tomorrow + Library Loot


I will be featured on Scene of the Blog tomorrow, it's on Kittling Books. Stop by to see what my blogging corner looks like in real life.

I was contacted in my early blogging days, and I fear I have forgotten what I wrote. It was something short about what my blogging space looks like. I guess I will be just as surprised then tomorrow. Hope to see you there :)

Library Loot

Library Loot hosted by Eva and Marg
asks us to list what we brought home from
the library this week.





The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Swedish cover cos it looked cool)

Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone fighting against you? Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts...





The Declaration by Gemma Malley
A powerful futuristic novel about a world which has gone mad
Imagine this: death is no longer inevitable and all children are an abomination. Imagine this: there are drugs which stop the onset of ageing and because of this, there's no room left in the world for youth and renewal and that most natural cycle of life: birth, youth, middle age, death. This is Anna Covey's world.


The Immigrant by Manju Kapur
Nina is a thirty-year-old English lecturer in New Delhi, and struggling to make ends meet. Ananda has recently emigrated to Halifax, Canada; having spent his twenties painstakingly building his career, he searches for something to complete his new life. When Ananda's sister proposes an arranged marriage between the two, Nina is uncertain: can she really give up her home and her country to build a new life with a husband she barely knows?



Tales from the Town of Widows by James Canon
In the small Colombian mountain village of Mariquita, a band of guerrillas storms in to protest the country's ruling government. They arrive with propaganda and guns, and when they depart they have forcibly recruited all the town's men, leaving behind the priest and a young, fair-skinned boy disguised as a little girl. In their wake, Mariquita becomes a sinking wasteland filled with women who quickly resign themselves to food shortages, littered streets, and mourning.




Yes, I know, I wasn't supposed to borrow any books, but I couldn't help myself. And I did bring back 3 books that I noticed that wasn't for me, so in theory I didn't really borrow anything...signed: book addict in denial.

.

20 comments:

  1. The Declaration sounds really good, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Hunger Games. I'll be looking for the Scene of the Blog post. How exciting!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Blodeuedd!!! Well, I shall try my hardest to stop by tomorrow to your guest blog spot!!!! YAY for you!!

    Brooke, my daughter, has read The Hunger Games and she loved it!!! She can't wait for the next book to come out. I can't wait for you thoughts on that one, so I can share that with her!

    Great book haul there!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a few that sound really good from the library- The Immigrant and Tales from the Town of Widows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to go to the library and not come home with more books. I feel your pain :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll drop by on your guest blogspot. What a library loot *woot woot* I used to be a frequent visitor of the library but with all my own book buying I just didn't have the time anymore...my TRP swallows me whole *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Hunger Games looks completely different to mine. I hope you love it as much as i did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna,
    I had to get it when I saw it. Sounded nice, and since I am reading a lot of YA these days i borrowed it.

    Cecile,
    Good news for me then, I have seen the book every where and read a lot about it before. Had to get it. I am very into these futuristic Ya novels it seems.

    Dar,
    Those 2 do sound good, I am very curious about them. The town sounds funny too, perhaps some black comedy mixed in it.

    Linda,
    It's impossible, it can't be done...oh did I mention that I work there this summer. I am doomed.

    Leontine,
    Fun :) I hope I wrote someting good.
    That I can understand, my own pile is growing but the library draws me in, and I do love my library.

    Scrap girl,
    I know, I almost didn't recognize it when the Swedish cover was so different. But I liked it so I posted it here since that is the book I got

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those looks great and the cover for Hunger Games is really cool in Finland!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your space on Cathy's blog and am in awe of how neat and organized you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stash!

    Tagged you for a meme here: http://sumthinblue.com/whats-on-your-desk-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming from Kittling and just stopping by to check out your site! You have a very nice peaceful, tidy desk!
    Have a great week,
    Natalie :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't gotten anything from the library in ages...

    But your haul make me want to go up and have a look around...

    I will be by to check out your interview on Wednesday..

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  13. Staci,
    yes it looks cool doesn't it, creepy too when you look close.

    Thanks Bermudaonion :D
    I do like it that way

    Sumthinblue,
    Will come over and check that out.

    Natalie,
    Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little blog,
    have a great week you too

    EH,
    I got another book today...nooo, but couldn't help it ;)
    I just love the library, all those books, and free

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the look of The Declaration and Tales from the Town of Widows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. damnedconjureror,
    Aye those look really good, I can't wait to start them

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing that I've read but it looks like a great set of books. It would have been cruel to have left any behind!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how your books span the globe, which, even though I read a fair amount, I am lacking in that area as was noted in another meme in which I participated this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen some great reviews of The Hunger Games. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice haul B! There's that hunger games book again. I have to get that darn book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fleurfisher,
    Oh yes so cruel to leave those poor books behind :)

    Justreadingfool,
    I saw your meme, I think you have covered a great deal. Most of my books are just from the UK or US.

    Joann,
    I sure hope, cos I have only heard good things

    Jenny,
    It's everywhere so I needed to have it when I noticed that the library had it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment. I appreciate and love them all :D

I answer them all here.

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2014 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP