Genre: Historical, Biography, War
Rating: PG-13
Where I Got It: Theater
Rating: PG-13
Where I Got It: Theater
SUMMARY:
A young George Washington faces war, betrayal and impossible choices that will forge a leader.
REVIEW:
Oh, Georgie Wash. I was so excited to see this!!!! I had to go see it in theaters. My fellow history nerd friend and I went to see it. And yes, I dragged poor Hubby along.
We all know the history of George Washington. But how many know his early days? It was not an easy road for him.
The cast was lovely. I LOVED who they had to play young George. I hope, in a few years, he can play an older George. He really filled those shoes well.
One thing of note I kept whispering to myself was the camera angles, especially in the battle scenes. They felt different but good. There is so much going on, and you feel in the middle of it. I think the camera team did great.
Some of the dialogue felt a little cliché, but it didn't ruin the story or characters. I loved the foreshadow drops. Made me chuckle.
There was a "special message" at the end...skip it. It didn't add anything extra to the story or whatever.
I would for sure watch this again. The battle, the story. It was entertaining and a reminder that everyone starts somewhere. A leader is not born. A leader is made.
4 stars from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment