Thursday 8 April 2010

ARC review: An Earl to Enchant - Amelia Grey

An Earl to Enchant by Amelia Grey
The Rogues' Dynasty, book 3

Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 352
Published: April 6th 2010 Sourcebooks Casablanca

Young Miss Arianna Sweet, in grave danger after her father's death, rushes to his old friend Lady Elder—but her protectress has passed away, and now Arianna must rely on Lady Elder's dashing grandson, Lord Morgandale. Having watched his cousins surrender their freedom to two beautiful young ladies (A Duke To Die For, A MarquisTo Marry) Morgandale is determined to elude the parson's mousetrap. But can he save the lady without losing his heart?


This is the third book about 3 cousins finding love. Like with the two other books here each chapter starts with a quote from Lord Chesterfield, and I do like that. She has kept consistent, the letters from lady Elder, the quotes by or jokingly by Lord Chesterfield, and Gibby getting into trouble.

Wouldn't exactly call Arianna young, she is 27, but she has lived in India her entire life, and has not been presented. She is very young in one way. After her father's death she leaves for England and shows up at at Morgan's estate. She is looking for his grandmother and she is weak from fever. Soon he realizes that he is attracted to her, but he has better things to do than seducing innocent women. Better to send for someone who can introduce the lovely Arianna to society.

This book has another pace then the other two. There there were more "action" in one way. This one introduced the couple and the time they spent at Valleydale getting to know each other, and falling in love, whether they want it or not. That is the two first parts of the book, getting to know each other, starting with the sexual tension and then the last part that is set in London. Here the danger starts, it all has to do with her father's work in India and the reason why she has come to London.

Arianna is sweet, she may be a blushing virgin but she does not deny what she is feeling for him. And Morgan, well I do like he eagerness to preserve her innocence. He seems honorable (but well we all know he is not gonna be able to keep that up for long.)

This is sweet romance, I do not mind things going slowly or it not being steamy (I did have that earlier talk about how conservative I get sometimes, lol.) There is some passion in the latter part of the book, fear not those who want that. But I think the sweetness is the thing about this book just as that is her name.

When thinking about all 3 books, then I think number 2 was my favorite of the three, and these two can share the second place. They do not need to be read in order. Even if I hadn't known anything I could have read this one without the rest. But then I love order and could never read a book out of order.

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: I do want faces
Reason for reading: From the publisher
Final thoughts: Sweet
Final grade: 3


20 comments:

  1. Nice review..I haven't read this but Tori on my blog didn't quite connect with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So half faces don't work for you on the cover? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me laughing with the "but well we all know he is not gonna be able to keep that up for long" comment and so very true Blodeuedd!! I'm afraid I really need to be in the mood for a sweet romance to pick one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris
    Nah, they are just plain weird, and all these headless bodies, but they are in fashion..but think when people find these books in the future and think we liked people without heads.

    Mandi
    I saw that, well it can't be for everyone.

    Leontine
    Hehe, well it is true and we all know it ;)
    You can skip to the juicy parts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so can't read out of order so I would have to start with book 1. This series does sound like a hoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do enjoy a sweet romance, the kind where you know the happy ending is inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm planning to read this when I get back into a "historical mood". I have book 2 but need to pick up book 1 ('cause you know I have to read them in order!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Staci
    Reading out of order, I shudder at the thought.

    Carol
    I like that too :) Gotta have my HEA

    Patti
    Oh yes I remember that, and that you wanted the right order. Book 1 is out there for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Blodeuedd!!! Great review honey!!
    I hope all is well! Just wanted to drop by to say hi and love ya! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read the first book of this series and really liked it and have the second one. But alas, I haven't been much in the mood to read historicals - I seem to be on a RS kick lately. But hopefully the longing for historicals will come back. I do miss them as they were my first love in the romance genre. When it does, I'll be sure to read her next one and this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cecile,
    All is well, bf could finally go back to his normal routine today..and I am not infected yay :D Cos what he had, totally gross.

    Kristie
    I remember that. But I get the mood thing, I have this thing for UF now and again. The mood sets, and I need them. But the same with HR, if I am not in the mood, well that can ruin it.

    And I have still not re-watched N&S,but I'll join that crusade soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review B! You really gave an idea of what worked and what didn't for you with this book!

    Sometimes a Sweet romance is nice. :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    L

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the review. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also get conservative sometimes - most of the times when it comes to books, actually.
    These do sound sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lea
    It sure is sometimes :)
    Thank you for stopping by.

    Thank you Anne.

    Brizmus
    Same with me, mostly with books, mostly with historical :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog are really interest. I inviting you to adding your page in our link categories of Art. Please submit and we are looking related webs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your "I do want faces"

    Another good series you've made me curious about! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review :) This sounds like a good series.
    I dislike when they cut off half the faces like that on the covers...lol. It makes me want to peek up and see the rest of them...lol.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Naida
    It does seem to be in fashion, well at least I love them more than those where there are not even half a face ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP