Monday 30 March 2015

Con & Conjure - Lisa Shearin

Raine Benares is a seeker who finds lost things and people. Ever since the Saghred, a soul-stealing stone that's given her unlimited power, has bonded to her, the goblin king and the elves have wanted to possess its magic themselves. Which means a goblin thief and her ex-fiancé-an elven assassin-are after her. To survive, she'll need the help of her notorious criminal family. 

My thoughts:
It took me a while to get this book, it was always out of stock, I even ordered it once when it was in and then they cancelled on me. But then, then I got it, and started reading it the same day.

Shit is still going to hell. She still has the damn stone that will break her. People is still trying to kill or catch her.

But she does have Mychael at her side (boo! Team TAM!), but by now I do realize that will not happen, it will surely by M by her side at the end.

She still has her cool cousin :)

In this one, like I said, there is a hunt going on, for her, and a hunt for someone else. But she is good at was she does, but now, only one book left. Big things will happen and who will be left standing ..who knows.

Conclusion:
Yes I have ordered book 6, even though I am on a book ban, but who cares, I just had to have it. 

Cover
nice

Paperback, 322 pages
Published March 29th 2011 by Ace
Raine Benares #5
Fantasy
Own

36 comments:

  1. "Yes I have ordered book 6, even though I am on a book ban, but who cares, I just had to have it."

    Haha! Book bans never work out so well for me either, there's always something else I simply can't live without:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. evil book bans, I can hold them most of the time, but then there are those time when I was all, what if the books never will be in stock again!?!?

      Delete
  2. Its that good for it to be always out of stock then. Moreinportantly, it forced you to lift your ban for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be a good series to make you quit your book ban, either that or lack of will power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not say lack of will power, I do not buy a lot of books. I make bf buy books for xmas and my bday.

      So it must be good then

      Delete
  4. I never ever stick to book bans either, so don't feel bad. :-) This sounds like such an awesome series, and I suspect I'll be Team Tam too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, this sounds pretty fun! And book bans, blah. Keep buying them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - I like your attitude to your book ban!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book ban? What's that? I just bought one today... This sounds good but nope, I'm not starting new series...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, but now after buying the last one the series will be finished

      Delete
  8. Ah, Lisa Shearin! I think if I end up liking the next book of her SPI Files, I may start to check out her other series maybe starting with this one.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting that SPI files, hopefully I will like book 1 enough to get book 2

      Delete
  9. Book bans do not include books we must have. At least I think that is the law or something. The law of the universe that cannot be ignored. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good law! That must be the law of booklovers :)

      Delete
  10. Book ban? What is that? :)
    I have first book on my TBR, I'll read it someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wohoo :)
      Obviously I do not know what it is ;)

      Delete
  11. On day I will try her books :) Glad you finally got a copy of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how unspoilery your reviews are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. each time I read one of your reviews I remember that I need to buy book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yup, here's another series I was completely obvious to until today. This is definitely not good for my self-esteem... I used to think of myself as a decent reader, but actually there's - so - much - I don't even know about... It's disheartening, really. I love the sound of this, and I rather suspect I'd enjoy the entire series, if not for that pesky time issue that I have... Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, so many books I have not heard of. So many books I will never have the time to read

      Delete
  15. I love the sounds of this series and do want to get to it. :) Glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay. Your praises of this one and the last one... I need to add this one on my list to buy. Do you know if it's available on audio?

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP