Thursday 16 February 2017

Wrath - John Gwynne

Events are coming to a climax in the Banished Lands, as the war reaches new heights. King Nathair has taken control of the fortress at Drassil and three of the Seven Treasures are in his possession. And together with Calidus and his ally Queen Rhin, Nathair will do anything to obtain the remaining Treasures. With all seven under his command, he can open a portal to the Otherworld. Then Asroth and his demon-horde will finally break into the Banished Lands and become flesh.

Meanwhile Corban has been taken prisoner by the Jotun, warrior giants who ride their enormous bears into battle. His warband scattered, Corban must make new allies if he hopes to survive. But can he bond with competing factions of warlike giants? Somehow he must, if he's to counter the threat Nathair represents.

His life hangs in the balance - and with it, the fate of the Banished Lands. 

My thoughts:
For some reason, I have a hard time keeping track of everyone in this series. I have no idea why, yes there are a lot of people there, but hey I have read fantasy series with even more characters. So what makes it so? In previous books, I looked at the character sheet a lot, but I learned that for some reason I just can not remember so I went with the flow. And that worked well, who cares from exactly where that guy came. I know if I like him or not, if he is bad or not. That is what matters. 
Now I make it sound like there are too many characters but do not worry. I honestly do not know what I can't remember names here.

Better jump back into the story now. There are a LOT of battles. The whole book is one big battle after another. Stuff is going down. Baddies need to be taken down, evil ones to be banished, and the war won.

The end came rather quickly though, I kind of wanted to know more, even though all lose threads came together nicely. But it's always hard to let a world go.

Oh and I so love PBs more, wow this book was big and heavy, that is hardback for ya ;)

Cover
They are too similar

Hardcover, 672 pages
Published November 17th 2016 by Tor
The Faithful and the Fallen #4
Fantasy
Library

24 comments:

  1. Oh, I've definitely read some series where I have a much harder time keeping track of who is who for some reason. One of these days I'm going to get to this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover is pretty cool! but I don't remember what the others looked like. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like this except one had a sword, one had a spear

      Delete
  3. I regret not starting this series when I had the chance. One day... :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound very promising, too bad about the rushed ending. I always hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a long book and you wanted more? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. well it's always complicated for me when there are many characters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I find if I don't connect with the characters, I have a hard time remembering who they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, maybe you have a point there. I did like some, and perhaps I remembered them more. It did not help that some had similar names either

      Delete
  8. That certainly is a lot of pages, so yes heavy, but seems it was a great read so ... worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the first book but haven't read it yet. Now I'm thinking if I should start it after all the books in the series as come out. Just to remember who is who ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree about the characters and names. Sometimes I get so obsessed about studying the maps and remembering who is who, I slip from the story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, boy. Character sheets? Whelp.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP