Wednesday 15 April 2009

The Loner's Guarded Heart by Michelle Douglas

Harlequin Mills & Bonns 2008
186 pages

Josie was touched that her brothers had arranged a holiday for her--she certainly needed one. Only, the location isn't the lively resort she'd expected, but a rustic cabin in a beautiful but isolated Australian idyll....


Her only neighbour for miles is the taciturn, if incredibly attractive, Kent Black. Following a family tragedy, Kent cut himself off from the world. Josie can't help but be intrigued by this solitary man, and with her bubbly, warm personality, she's determined to pick away at the iron padlock around his heart.

- blurb from the back (yes I was lazy today)



I wanted something sweet, and what better to pick up than a book with the word sweet on the cover. A total promise for a HEA.

And it sure was, I started the book this morning and finished it a while later. Not that many pages, and it was so easy to read. You just went with the lovely flow if it. Totally adorable and heart warming.

A nice normal sweet heroine, who could sure bake. I so need chocolate cake now and all the other yummy things she made. A guarded hero, and of course I knew he would let his guard down and let her in. And a cute dog, and I am not really a dog person but they all went together so nicely.

So if you are looking for an easy book, with a full promise of a happy ever after then this is that kind of book.


12 comments:

  1. Good Morning Blodeuedd:

    Nothing like a sweet comfort read to start the day off nicely eh?

    A sweet Harlequin will do that for you!

    I'm so pleased you enjoyed this little story, and the hero has a dog - my kind of guy! lolol

    Warm Regards
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lea,

    Yes, I agree, nothing better than a sweet book to start the day. So happy about my little Harlequin book. And the Australian outback is always fun.

    What is it with a guy with a dog, I just love it, even though I am such a cat person lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blodeuedd!

    A sweet romance to start the day is perfect. I loved Harlequins, especially the ones that took place in Australia, the outback sounds wonderful doesn't it. It's one place I've always wanted to visit. I'm still living vicariously through novels, lolol.

    A guy with a pooch, the best kind!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation Blodeuedd!

    I know, sometimes you just need something easy and sweet to read. Especially right now, when I have to cut a check to the government for my taxes. Ugh, I'm putting it off until the end of the day. I want to hang on to my money for a couple more hours.

    :) VFG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Blodeuedd:

    You won a book!!!

    If you haven't checked in already go here:

    http://thethrillionthpage.blogspot.com/2009/04/winners-miss-doreen-at-dik-island.html

    Congratulations!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea,
    Thank you!!! :D I would have forgotten to check in when I just got home now. You totally made my day now :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dottie,
    Even though I do fancy the outback, going there...no. They have most deadly snakes, and stuff. Scary, then again if I had a big strong Outback man with me ;)
    And Harlequin can sure be sweet and lovely.

    VGF,
    Especially after my last book I sure needed soemthing easy, and sweet :D

    Taxes, yikes, got mine yesterday, and luckily I am getting money instead of having to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, there is an award waiting for you at Merry Weather : D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey...Lazy can be good sometimes.
    This sounds like you had a a just right book. :)
    Sounds like a good book for the read-a-thon this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    Wisteria
    www.bookwormsdinner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Bev :D

    Hi Wisteria, yes it was sure the right kind of book, and I love a book that just takes a little while to read. Not always, but just what I needed yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. For a bit of fun you have been tagged by the Hunky Hero. Check this out http://alainereading.blogspot.com/2009/04/hunky-hero.html Can't wait to see who you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds fun Alaine :D
    Have to think about which hunk I will choose

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP