Friday 17 April 2009

Mucho Caliente! by Francesca Prescott


"Wish upon a Latin Superstar"
BookStrand Publishing (2008), Paperback, 344 pages

Mucho Caliente! is author Francesca Prescott's first book, and she got the idea while staying in Ibiza. The result was a romantic comedy.

Thirty-seven year old Gemma is leaving Geneva, and her cheating husband. She has dismissed a generous divorce settlement, and wants to start a new life. Being financially independent, and working with what she wants to do on a Spanish Island in the sun. What she hadn't reckoned with was being seated to famous Latin heartthrob Emilo Caliente on her way to Ibiza.

Falling in love with an twenty-nine year old pop superstar was not part of her plan to start a new life for herself. Everything tells her to stay away from Emilio and his oh so lovely cinnamon kisses. His life is in turmoil, his single hit rock bottom and his manager seems to be crazy.

But fate brought them together, and does she dare to risk her heart on a star when is seems to be the opposite with what she wanted to achieve?


They (bf's family) must have thought I was crazy because while reading this book I sat with a stupid grin on my face and giggled every minute. But I couldn't help it, this book was hilarious, a pure giggle feast.

I love Gemma, I feel like I am her, well younger, but still. She is insecure, she thinks like me, and oh so many other women out there. She is normal which is perfect. And she is funny, maybe it's because it's reality and she has the same thoughts that may wander through my head when I wake up with bed hair, when I so need a shower, or when I wonder if my pores show.

Emilio, well he is a hot one. I can't help falling for him and every bone in my body is wishing them luck and saying you go girl ;) I am holding my breath and wishing for a HEA. Because she deserves to be happy and loved. And as the book progresses I learn more about him, he is not just some superstar, he is a normal guy who wants to be loved like the rest of us.

"I don't like olives," whispers Emilio, kissing my eyelids." And from what I gather, neither do you. But I like stars, I believe in stars. And you, amor, you shine!".

There is a lot of funny situations in this book, and there is a lot of things to make you giggle and make you go weak in the knees.

Besides it's not something I am particularly proud of - I once spent an entire afternoon watching certain sequences of his video clips frame by frame, just to see whether the rather frightening bulge in his leather trousers was an optical illusion, or something Guinness Book of Records should be made aware of.

The love affair has its ups and downs, everything can't go right all the time now can it. I feel with them, and I hope with them, oh and laugh at them (and with them of course), all between my grins and smiles. It has a bit of everything put in, and it goes so well. It's a smooth ride to the end.

This book is a keeper, it will make you giggle, and make you feel all warm and tingly inside, I highly recommend it.

4,5/5

received a copy for a review


23 comments:

  1. Great review! Makes me want to go grab a copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a book that makes you giggle, grin or laugh out loud :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Khall :)

    Teddyree, I know, they are sure so fun and I love a good book that leaves you smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "feel good" books Blodeuedd, I'm reading one of those right now and enjoying every minute of it!!

    This book is another that will go on my list.

    Awesome Review!!

    Warm Regards
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I actually want to read this as well. Sounds like it could be one of the few books that could make me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lea,
    What are you reading at the moment then? Cos yes I do love a nice "feel good" book :)
    Thanks.

    Nice of you to stop by ringlunatic :D
    I am not really a laugh out loud kind of person either, it takes a lot to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Review Blodeuedd!

    The fact that the novel made you smile and giggle, had me smiling throughout the review. This book sounds like a lot of fun and a great read. And the excerpts were really cute. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    :) VFG

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the cover of this and thought it would be a YA book. Now that I've read your review I really want to read it. There's always room for a good, fun book on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please check my blog...I have given you an award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not too fond of the cover and probably wouldn't look at it twice in the book store. But your review makes it sound worth checking out.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Blodeuedd!

    Great review of a good book, hmmmm...I might have to add this one to the Range.

    I love it when a book makes me laugh out loud, the kids look at me like I'm nuts! But what can I say...I get too involved maybe? Nah, not me!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey blodeuedd..

    I am so pleased you have read a book that leaves you in a wonderful feel good mood..

    I like the review - I agree with the Janel, my initial reaction was that this was a YA book.

    Have a great week end..
    Merry part.
    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun book! It's been a while since I've read a book that kept a silly grin on my face while I was reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your review was informative, and provoked interest. You were able to describe the book and your opinions without spoiling the story for people. I like books that make me smile and laught.

    ReplyDelete
  15. VFG, it was sure that kind of book. Lol, and I did smile when i wrote the review, surely therefore I mentioned the word giggle a lot.
    That long excerpt i just had to used cos it summed much up, and the shorter one warmed my heart :D

    Janel, really, YA, I got this whole 80's feeling myself :)
    I only now remember more I wanted to say, like how much I would want the movie of this book :D
    Worth reading indeed

    Thanks Missy :D I will go and check that out. I am so flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anna, I guess it's how the say, don't judge a book by its cover...which i still do all the time. I am a terrbile cover lover.

    Dottie, yup my bf's family did look at me now and then where I sat with my big smile on my face. But it was sure fun.

    E.H. You too, hm, I wonder where this YA feeling is coming from. I just get the "oldis" feeling.
    But yay, it made me warm and fussy inside. I needed that.

    Fantaghiro, these kinds of books tend to give me my silly grin, and i love it every time.

    Thank you guys :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sure was :)
    Thanks for stopping by Marie :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog. Yours has many more attractive people on it than mine does!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by Karen :)
    Doing my best to cheer you guys along :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job!!!! thanks for cheering me on too...........
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved the review! This is an OUTSTANDING book!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Shetty :D
    It was sure fun

    Lastnerve, so amazing good and funny book! :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP