Thursday 28 August 2014

In bed with a rogue - Samantha Grace

The whole town is tittering about Baron Sebastian Thorne having been jilted at the altar. Every move he makes ends up in the gossip columns. Tired of being the butt of everyone's jokes, Sebastian vows to restore his family's reputation no matter what it takes.

Feted by the crème of society, the beautiful widow Lady Prestwick is a vision of all that is proper. But Helena is no angel, and when Sebastian uncovers her dark secret, he's quick to press his advantage. In order to keep her hard-won good name, Helen will have to make a deal with the devil. But she's got some tricks up her sleeves to keep this notorious rogue on his toes...

My thoughts:
Most of the time when someone has a secret, it ends up being a rather silly secret. Or still a good secret, but nothing major. Helena is different, she has a real secret. A secret that would make her an outcast. The ton is cruel yes, but yes her secret is not good for that time.

Yes this is book 2 but it reads well as a stand alone. Sebastian was jilted in book 1. Now the ton wonders what's wrong with him. As his father was mad, and his sister was left at the altar too. But he proves to be more than the dashing rogue here.

Like I said, Helena has a secret, more than one actually. And while dealing with that secret she meets Sebastian who starts to fall for her. While she holds back, she does not want a new husband.

I liked discovering what secrets she held and wondering if they would be all over town or not. And I enjoyed seeing her and Sebastian together.

Conclusion:
A lovely romance.

cover
good

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: September 2nd 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Rival Rogues #2
Historical romance
For review

38 comments:

  1. Oh my. I want to know this secret! I love good secrets!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, we'll have to read it, i guess. I'm always curious about such secrets as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Historical romances aren't for me anymore, but I'm glad you enjoyed this!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them for their..well romance, it's romance that works for me

      Delete
  4. Two people in one family being left at the altar. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww i will have to read this one! i already feel for him b/c he was jilted!! and her secret sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually enjoy these kind of romantic historical. Plus, you said I could read out of order. I'm blaming you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. No, it was big. She would have been shunned

      Delete
  8. I like historical romance and secrets make it intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just have to make it through Friday and then 3-day weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh love when the secret is a seriously worth while secret and doesn't leave me going really that was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always goes what was that? Ha, silly secret. But this...there were actually more than 1 and they were both really really really bad

      Delete
  11. I'm not always congortable with characters that have secrets...guess that's why I stopped watching Gossip Girl.heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you have to keep secrets, no one would have talked to her otherwise

      Delete
  12. it's great to have a secret like that, I'm curious about it now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's the secret darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a good journey to figuring out whats the secret

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds good enough. I'm glad it works as a stand-alone. I enjoy connected romances, but I don't want to HAVE to read each in a series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want you can read book 1 first (well duh) but yes you can just jump in like this too

      Delete
  16. Big secrets always make me so nervous! I get all stressed waiting for the moment of the big reveal and the likely painful aftermath. Still, I can't help but be curious and want to know what she's hiding:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, secrets! *rubs hands together*

    ReplyDelete
  18. A REAL secret?? That would be great. I agree- they make you wait 100's of pages for this supposed big secret and it's usually nothing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like the kind of historicals I like. To my TBR it goes... :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP