Thursday 20 August 2015

Alone with Mr Darcy - Abigail Reynolds and A winter Wrong - Elizabeth Ann West

Elizabeth Bennet can’t imagine anything worse than being stranded by a blizzard in a tiny cottage with proud and unpleasant Mr. Darcy. But being trapped there for days – and nights - with an injured and confused Mr. Darcy who keeps saying the oddest things about her is even worse. At least he possesses the useful ability of lighting a fire to keep them from freezing to death. But when he puts his arms around her, she discovers the hearth isn't the only place he knows how to build a fire. And the little half-frozen kitten he finds in a woodpile isn't proving to be much of a chaperone. 

She doesn’t really believe his promises to marry her if anyone finds out they spent two nights alone together, especially after learning he was betrayed by another woman in the past. When her worst fears are realized and her reputation is in tatters, she isn’t surprised to discover Mr. Darcy has vanished into thin air, leaving her no choice but to find a husband as soon as possible before her whole family is ruined. Any husband will have to do, no matter how much she dislikes him. Even if she can’t stop thinking of Mr. Darcy…. 

My thoughts:
I was actually really worried in this book, and even resented Darcy for a while (foolish me!).

Lizzy and Darcy gets stranded together in a cottage during a snowstorm. Awww he was so sweet, they really started to like each other. That cottage was awesome for them, BUT, Lizzy knows she is ruined. Ok break, seriously people of that time! They did nothing wrong, but she would be cast out. So unfair! Anyway, Darcy says they should marry. She says no, no one will find out.

But we will know gossip builds for the smallest thing. And here is where I started to worry. Would they find each other again! Would they marry! What if this is an evil re-telling?! *scared*

Conclusion;
So it is quite different. Things happen. Other things are left untold. I liked how things worked out. I enjoyed it, but it sure had me worried.

Kindle Edition, 378 pages
Published April 15th 2015 by White Soup Press
Pride and Prejudice variation
Own


When Jane Bennet's illness at Netherfield ends up not being just a trifling cold, but an epidemic that sweeps through Hertfordshire, the lives at Longbourn are turned upside down. Elizabeth Bennet finds herself lost without a cherished loved one and the interferences of one Fitzwilliam Darcy most aggravating. Combating the bombastic behavior of Mr. Collins, Elizabeth runs to London for the protection of her aunt and uncle. But acquaintances and introductions bring Mr. Darcy back into her life and Elizabeth discovers he might just mend her broken heart. 

My thoughts:
Oh Mr Collins, I am gonna kick you in a very special place. Arghh, the nerve of that man!

Illness takes the life of many, including Mr Bennet. So you can see why I hate Mr Collins more than usual. An arrogant little idiot. *kicks him* She did well there, making me loathe him more than usual.

This all takes place when Jane falls ill at Netherfield, so lots of things change. I liked how Darcy and Lizzy came together. I liked what happened later on. I liked how Miss Bingley was cut, I giggled then.

But this was a novella. So it was short, and it's a series so there is actually no wedding a all. Lizzy and Darcy will fall in love, duh. But there are 3 more novellas, so that was kind of sad. I would have liked some conclusion to it all.

Kindle Edition, 177 pages
Published July 22nd 2014 by Pemberley Possibilities
Seasons of Serendipity #1
Pride and Prejudice variation
Own

35 comments:

  1. What great reviews, thanks for sharing those titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you find all these P&P retellings?! I had no idea there were so many available! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the retelling is quite intriguing, nothing I've heard is like the first one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Mr Collins, the man we hate to loathe, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love 'stuck during a snow storm' set ups :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how authors can pull that off- making us so doubt that it can be wrapped up in such a short span of pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how many retellings you manage to find!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't mind me alone with Darcy.....talk politics and the weather of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my best friend is mad for P&P variations, she'll love these :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've wanted to kick a character plenty of times. lol. This seems like a fun retelling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a Jane Austen rewrites fan but to be honest you've made this one sound like I'd enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really really don't like JA, which is blasphemy, I know. I can't help it, though. I therefore know I wouldn't enjoy the rewrites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, to be honest the book was rather dry at first, JA that is

      Delete
  13. I love all these different variations on Mr. Darcy that you share. Ooo and snowstorm tropes are fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I love the idea of a cozy cottage (srsly, nothing happened...?!). Also, yes to hitting Mr. Collins in his special place! LOL :P Fantastic reviews. Have a great weekend, Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, well he wanted, and she secretly wanted, but that would have been so wicked

      Delete
  15. I love how passionate you are about these books. And your reactions are something else! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alone With Mr. Darcy sounds good! This is my first time seeing it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP