Friday 4 September 2015

The Last Hour of Gann - R.Lee Smith

Amber Bierce had nothing left except her sister and two tickets on Earth’s first colony-ship. She entered her Sleeper with a five-year contract and the promise of a better life, but awakened in wreckage on an unknown world. For the survivors, there is no rescue, no way home and no hope until they are found by Meoraq—a holy warrior more deadly than any hungering beast on this hostile new world…but whose eyes show a different sort of hunger when he looks at her.

It was his last year of freedom:
Uyane Meoraq is a Sword of Sheul, God’s own instrument of judgment, victor of hundreds of trials, with a conqueror’s rights over all men. Or at least he was until his father’s death. Now, without divine intervention, he will be forced to assume stewardship over House Uyane and lose the life he has always known. At the legendary temple of Xi’Matezh, Meoraq hopes to find the deliverance he seeks, but the humans he encounters on his pilgrimage may prove too great a test even for him…especially the one called Amber, behind whose monstrous appearance burns a woman’s heart unlike any he has ever known. 

My thoughts:
I have seen so many glowing reviews. But I was feeling, dunno really what I was feeling. Maybe ewwww lizard smexy times? But I read it, and enjoyed it. It was long, but not the longest I have read. Though it would have worked as a trilogy.

The story then. Amber lives in the future and earth is going to shit. So she and her sister boards a space ship for a colony and crashes on a weird alien planet. Holy F! I hated everyone except Amber. Especially you Scott, die a slow death of needles being put into yours eyes! Everyone was just such assholes! Like her whiny sister Nicki, ugh. No I do not feel sorry for you. Man up! So yup hated everyone except her. It did make for good reading, I kept hoping they would die the worst possible way ever.

This new alien planet *pause* Oh the more I learned. Damn! Intriguing! Loved that. There are people already there, well lizards with swords. One finds them and decides to herd them like pets. Meoraq. A sword of Godm and he was righteous. Though seriously man, the patience you have! I would have killed Scott long ago.

There will be lizard smex. I was all, oh so that is how Meoraq's peen looks like. Weird. He is a lizard, she is an ugly thing without a face, but they turn a shaky friendship to more. Even if his God told him too, but come on, he just fancied a quick smex.

There is also rape, I was warned. But it was not there just to shock. It was brutal and horrifying, but it played it's gruesome part (the 2nd time was a bit to much, but oh well). And the more I learned of this planet the more it made sense in a sick way.

Would I want to visit that planet? Never! Women have no say. The world is brutal. But it all makes for an interesting book.

Conclusion:
So yes I enjoyed it. You can't exactly call it sci-fi romance *coughs*. What t call it? Sci-fi with some brutality and passion. I did like the end too. All is well that ends well.

Cover
When she said his skin was like a snake or something I was all ewwww, would not touch that

Kindle Edition, 1277 pages
Published September 12th 2013 by A Red Hot Romance Erot Novel
Sci.fi
Own

39 comments:

  1. I was waiting on your review. I've had this on my kindle since forever. I'm not sure it helped me decide though. lol

    One day I'll get to it.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Round of applause to you!

    I can't do aliens even if they're humanoids. This just sounds beastial to me lol. I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious now, I may check it :) But... Amber Bierce ? The author must be a fan of Ambrose Bierce !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed despite some issues

    ReplyDelete
  5. IDK.... lizard smexy times? It reminds me of V....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah lizard smexy times, all in all with lizard peens

      Delete
  6. Okay, you went from ew to good (even if the ew was still there) so you have me totally curious. I wouldn't have expected that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the he felt like a snake thing, ewww, not touching that!

      Delete
  7. Yay!!!! *dancing around happy you liked it* One of my favorite books from last year. I went and read everything else she wrote since then, and mostly it was mind blowing. You keep reading despite yuk factor, it's compulsory. Please, please, make sure you'll get to read Heat, Cottonwood and Scholomance. They are something else too! :) I hear she is writing a post-zombie apocalypse book right now, and I can't wait to read it. P.S. I hated Scott's guts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I mean I was all ewww, lizard peen. But I had to read. And I wanted them to hook up. Even if I did not know how that would work.

      Scottttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Hopefully I will read more one day

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad you trusted me and read it and of course, liked it. I'm always afraid when recommending you books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very very unsure. I so very sure you were steering me wrong

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed your review but don't think it is my kind of read. Pins in the eyes death!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh the future.
    I hate to sound prude and discriminatory....but not my species...no thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least she wrote truly aliens with her lizards and their brutal culture instead of just lightly alien humans. I've got this on the wish list and your review has made me more interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Not oh, they look exactly like us, but they have 3 nipples. Wow, what a difference ;=)

      Delete
  12. The mix is interesting and I'm glad you had a good time but not sure it's for me though...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know...I'm not a fan of long books or lizards. Might not be a good read for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man, I sure can understand your reluctance :D Lizard smex? Lol! But it sounds like you had yourself a nice surprise - and don't you love it when that happens? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lizard smex haha I just don't know but I'm kind of curious and freaked out ... and you thought the lizard photo on my page was freaky lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lizard smex haha I just don't know but I'm kind of curious and freaked out ... and you thought the lizard photo on my page was freaky lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lizard smex haha I just don't know but I'm kind of curious and freaked out ... and you thought the lizard photo on my page was freaky lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they are icky! So You can understand what I felt when reading, lol

      Delete
  18. Hmmm.... I just don't know about this one. I think I might have to pass. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Will add this to my eh maybe list. I'm really curious about the lizard smecksea time now though.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP