Friday 21 February 2020

The Great Hunt and The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan


Mass Market Paperback, 707 pages
Published 2006 by Orbit (first published December 1990)
Series: The Wheel of Time #2
Fantasy
Own

Re-read.

There will be spoilers.

I have read it too many times for me not to talk about everything!!

SPOILERS.  And not. Just thoughts.

I like them in Shienar and Rand riding out.
I really like Rand in Cairihien. The Game is on!

What I do not like is Tar Valon, OMG, so boring. Since I have read it before I skimmed that cos omg so boring. These are the parts I will be bored by in a tv series.
And omg those bitches are so stupid. Oh Rand is in trouble, this one person says, but let's not ask anyone else and instead get kidnapped *headdesk*

Min showed up again, hmmm, yes maybe she is best for him

Elayne only gets pulled in by the TaVaren

Aiel shows up!

Toman head, omg, the feels at the end, THE FEELS

Kill the Seanchan! Death to all Whitecloaks

I always say book 1 as my fav but dang this one is great. Journey, fighting, and yes some boring school stuff.

The Forsaken are loose, the Horn of Valere has been found and the Dead are rising from their dreamless sleep. The Prophecies are being fulfilled - but Rand al' Thor, the shepherd the Aes Sedai have proclaimed as the Dragon Reborn, desperately seeks to escape his destiny.

Rand cannot run forever. With every passing day the Dark One grows in strength and strives to shatter his ancient prison, to break the Wheel, to bring an end to Time and sunder the weave of the Pattern.

And the Pattern demands the Dragon.

Hardcover, First, 596 pages
Published October 15th 1991 by Tor Books
Series: The Wheel of Time #3
Fantasy

Re-read!

And as it is a re-read then some parts to start to feel so boring, so TAr Valon, omg skimming!!!
The only good part is Mat there.

Egwene, Elayne and Nyn are the 3 most stupid women in the world. They got caught...again! Why would Siuan send them out??! WHYYYYYYYY.

I am so sure the show will focus a great detail on tar Valon. Omg bathroom break.

Not enoung Rand! Just stupid Tar Valon stuff.

I had forgotten that Perrin met Faile here. I recently read that she was supposed to be much younger, but here it says he thought they looked the same age, hmmm.

Callandor!

Aiel!

Forsaken!

How many times will Rand think he has won? Poor guy.

I should stop now, no more re-reading I am behind on my books

Able to touch the One Power, but unable to control it, and with no one to teach him how--for no man has done it in three thousand years--Rand al'Thor knows only that he must face the Dark One. But how?

Winter has stopped the war-almost-yet men are dying, calling out for the Dragon. But where is he?

Perrin Aybara is in pursuit with Moiraine Sedai, her Warder Lan, and the Loial the Ogier. Bedeviled by dreams, Perrin is grappling with another deadly problem--how is her to escape the loss of his own humanity.

Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve are approaching Tar Valon, where Mat will be healed--if he lives until they arrive. But who will tell the Amyrlin their news--that the Black Ajah, long thought only a hideous rumor, is all too real? They cannot know that in Tar Valon far worse awaits...

Ahead, for all of them, in the Heart of the Stone, lies the next great test of the Dragon reborn.... 




18 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to give a book a re-read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I've been tempted to re-read something...but I have too many books that need me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reeeeally want to re-read more, but damn, so many other books

      Delete
  3. Haha, for me Tar Valon and Aes Sedai things are the best part ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that cover for The Great Hunt. And you're making these sound pretty fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I was gonna say, you are brave for rereading...these books are huge! But I hear the series goes downhill later on though.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to take a break, I have so many books to read!

      Delete
  6. It's an author I should try one day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like this is a series that I should try at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could re-read but every time I try I feel like I'm wasting time that I could be reading something for the first time. Maybe someday. Glad you enjoyed your re read Blodeuedd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel like that too when I have a bunch of unread books next to them

      Delete
  9. I love re-reading my favs! I had to laugh at "boring...bathroom break" lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe

      And yes re-reading favs is never wrong

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP