Tuesday 19 October 2021

TMST


 

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.





10/19/2021 Do you prefer to read standalone stories, duologies, trilogies, series? 




OH, no preference at all! I love stand alones! Wohoo, jump in and be done.




Duologies, trilogies, the more the merrier. More meat on the bones.




Series, sure, why not, let's continue this adventure!




BUT! I do hate when it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on, arghhhh, let it END! Some series that I loved I have frankly forgotten about and 5 years later I will not go back. Then there are those I still love, looking at you October Daye, I am just feeling done, but I still love, but I am feeling, let it end.






10/26/2021 What is your real-life superpower?


11/2/2021 Sci-Fi Stories: do you read them? Futuristic? Machine? Space Opera? Sci-Fi Romances?


11/9/2021 Do you use reading subscriptions (e.g., Kindle Unlimited, Scribd, etc)? Why/why not?


11/16/2021 Do authors/narrators actions, political beliefs, etc impact your view of their work?


11/23/2021vGratitude. What books/authors/narrators/bloggers are you most thankful for this year?


11/30/2021 Book cover love: Share some book covers that you loved in 2021





28 comments:

  1. LOL, same. I mean, it depends on the story. I'd rather have a series with a bit of a filler than a novella that makes me feel like wanting more though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same. I love to read a series, duologues, stand alones. I just love books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself reading mostly standalones if for no other reason than I just don't have the time to commit to a series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I don't really pick a book because it's a standalone or in a series. But when I love a world, I want to stay in it for more than just one book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same. I like a good stand alone but also enjoy reading books in a series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh October Daye! I was just talking about that with someone, thinking of trying them...

    Same though. Doesn't really matter to me, they're all good as long as they end EVENTUALLY lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new one is out :D But alas, will wait for a cheaper one

      Delete
  7. It's nice whenever I get standalones, but even with series, I don't mind as long as the books are good enough for me to keep reading! If not, I abandon them and it's no biggie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go for anything too and a series is just pure reader fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I completely agree with you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree. I think for me a series becomes too much when the author has the same story beats from book to book, doing little more than changing the names. They can be fun as a palate cleanser but they aren't a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happened with Janet Evanovich for me

      Delete
  11. Yes, definitely all the above. But, like you, when it's done then bring it to a close.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading almost entirely stand alone's right now.

    Mostly because that's just what's catching my eye right now and it's easier lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it depends on the book for me. Some need more....some not.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm the same. I just want a good story and if the author can do it in one book, I'm all for it. I do often want more time with the characters, but still enjoy the time that I have with them.

    Melanie @ Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are a one book deal, some are fun to more, always :D

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP