Monday 22 November 2021

Carole's Monday review



Author:  Roxanne Snopek
Narrator: Joanna Patrick
Title: Three River Ranch
(Three River Ranch #1)
Genre: Western Romance, Contemporary    
Format: Audiobook
Published: August 25th 2012
Where I got It: Audible

Summary: 
Needing a fresh start from her two-timing fiancé, Aurora McAllister answers a realtor’s ad for a guesthouse on the beautiful, serene Three River Ranch. She shows up at Three River tired, heartbroken, and with no one but her trusty Labradoodle as a companion.

Cowboy Carson Granger has enough trouble in his life without adding a woman and her dog to the mix. There’s the untamed mustang he’s prepping to release into the wild, not to mention his father’s crazy will, which stipulates that if Carson wants to fully inherit Three River, he’ll need to find a bride. Carson wants nothing to do with love and especially not a marriage of convenience. But he soon realizes Rory, and everything she represents, might just be exactly what he needs.

Sometimes love arrives on your doorstep when you least expect it…



Review:
Been itching for a Western romance and I see this and its a quick one so why not!

We follow Aurora who needs a fresh start after breaking up with her two-timing fiance. She answers a realtor's ad for a guesthouse on a beautiful and serene ranch. She shows up with her dog and realizes the guesthouse needs work and Cowboy Carson Granger is not happy she is there. Carson has had enough trouble in life without adding a pregnant woman and her dog to the mix. He is trying to set up a foundation for wild horses and prepping a wild mustang to be released back into the wild. He needs money though for his dreams, but his father's will has a crazy stipulation...he needs to find a wife before he will get full access to the funds. He wants nothing to do with love or marriage, but he soon realizes that Aurora might just be what his hearts need. 

This was fun. I loved Aurora and Carson. They both had their hearts broken and just want to find stable land. I do love how they became friends first. Sure there is lust, but they actually grow to like each other before they have a fake wedding/marriage. It was nice. The love came out of nowhere for them, but you can see them slowly falling in love. 

Carson was a stubborn jerk sometimes, but you can kind of understand him. He just wants to save these horses. He has no time for love....especially after his ex broke his heart in more then one way. Won't say what, but I felt so bad for him. 

Aurora's ex was an ass. He even accused her of being preggo with another man's baby. Jerkface. I would never let my baby see that guy. Screw him.

But yesss - lots of baggage between the two of them. It took forever for them to fully trust one another. Which...you can understand...but I just wanted to scream at them when they had a huge misunderstanding. UGHHHH. 

This was cute and I enjoyed it! I am curious about book 2. It is about Aurora's pal. So maybe ;)

Oo! Nearly forgot...the narrator was good. Perfect for the characters. I feel like I have heard this person before...but I can't pinpoint where. But yes - perfect...even the guy voices. 

In the end, I really enjoyed this. It was a nice romance. Some drama and some baggage that the two had to get over, but I liked it. I am curious about the next book. The narrator was good, I hope she does book 2 if I go the audio route. I'll give this 4 stars.








Challenge(s):
- #79 for Audiobook challenge



2 comments:

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP