Friday, 4 September 2026

The Jasmine Throne by Tasha Suri


Series: The Burning Kingdoms (#1)


Format: 533 pages, Paperback


Published: June 8, 2021 by Orbit


Fantasy/own





Princess Malini is imprisoned in the Hirana by her evil brother who has religion on his brain, and not the kind one. She will stay there until she is ready to burn, yes burn as her handmaidens burned.




The Hirana is a religious place in a conquered land. And they burned everyone there and now it lies desolate.




Priya is a servant for the local commander and she is meant to clean the former temple. But they will meet even though they are not supposed to. But Priya has secrets.




Rebellion is brewing. The crackdowns are hard. There is a plague going on...




I liked it. A good fantasy that ended pretty well too, I like when there is no mega cliffie. Of course there is a book 2 so I need that one cos nothing is solved. There is just a respit.





Imprisoned by her dictator brother, Malini spends her days in isolation in the Hirana: an ancient temple that was once the source of the powerful, magical deathless waters — but is now little more than a decaying ruin.




Priya is a maidservant, one among several who make the treacherous journey to the top of the Hirana every night to clean Malini’s chambers. She is happy to be an anonymous drudge, so long as it keeps anyone from guessing the dangerous secret she hides.




But when Malini accidentally bears witness to Priya’s true nature, their destinies become irrevocably tangled. One is a vengeful princess seeking to depose her brother from his throne. The other is a priestess seeking to find her family. Together, they will change the fate of an empire.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am young Finnish woman lost in a world of books.

Publishers/authors:I am open for reviewing books so please contact me if you want your book reviewed.

Look at my review policy for more info
I review from most genres on this blog, and those genres are: fantasy, urban fantasy, YA, historical/+romance, contemporary romance and literary fiction, horror, thrillers. + some other genres read by my guest reviewers.

Disclaimer: Books reviewed on this site are my own, if not stated otherwise. Then they were sent for free by the author, publicist or a publisher. I do not get any compensation for my reviews. I do this all for fun.google-site-verification: googlec45f9c3acb51f8cd.html
Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP