Wednesday, 30 September 2026

The Women by Kristin Hannah


Format: Paperback, 476 pages


Published: May 1, 2026 by Pan Books


Historical fiction/own





I liked that I read this one, but at the same time I do not think I will read any more of her books. It felt simplistic. It felt like one of those translated books where you feel something was lost.




Still good though! It made me cry! It made me MAD!




Frances signs up to be a nurse in Nam. Her brother is killed. War is hell! She finds good friends. She lives her life the best she can. And she realise she is good at this.




But that was war. This is also about coming home and this is what made me mad. Yes the war was bad, but people spitting on her!? She was trying to save lives! And that is not the worst part. She has some serious ptsd. But there were no women in Vietnam so she is fine. Arghh!




I liked this book. It was an easy read about a difficult subject.





Their friendship changed lives. Their bravery changed history.


'Women can be heroes, too'. When twenty-year-old nursing student, Frances "Frankie" McGrath, hears these unexpected words, it is a revelation. Raised on California's idyllic Coronado Island and sheltered by her conservative parents, she has always prided herself on doing the right thing, being a good girl. But in 1965 the world is changing, and she suddenly imagines a different path for her life. When her brother ships out to serve in Vietnam, she impulsively joins the Army Nurses Corps and follows his path.




As green and inexperienced as the young men sent to Vietnam to fight, Frankie is overwhelmed by the chaos and destruction of war, as well as the unexpected trauma of coming home to a changed America. Frankie will also discover the true value of female friendship and the heartbreak that love can cause.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am young Finnish woman lost in a world of books.

Publishers/authors:I am open for reviewing books so please contact me if you want your book reviewed.

Look at my review policy for more info
I review from most genres on this blog, and those genres are: fantasy, urban fantasy, YA, historical/+romance, contemporary romance and literary fiction, horror, thrillers. + some other genres read by my guest reviewers.

Disclaimer: Books reviewed on this site are my own, if not stated otherwise. Then they were sent for free by the author, publicist or a publisher. I do not get any compensation for my reviews. I do this all for fun.google-site-verification: googlec45f9c3acb51f8cd.html
Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP