Wednesday 18 March 2009

Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre (ARC)


Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre
A Corine Solomon Novel


18 months ago Corine Solomon left her lover and crossed the border to Mexico. She was fleeing her past and her gift, as a "handler". Which means that when she touch something she can know its past, and sometimes its future. She used it to find missing people - and that is now why people want to find her.


That is how her ex, Chance shows up in her store. He has an ability that gives him luck. Someone they both care about has gone missing and he needs her to find that someone, not to mention that he needs her too. Their search leads them into a world of dark magic, demons, zombies, witches and people that show her that she is not as alone as she first thought.



I really did enjoy this book, and I knew it from the start. It is that kind of book that makes you want to continue reading, you feel the urge to know what is going to happen. It's an easy book to read, and it was just what I needed. It sure lifted my spirits after reading some not so good books. i felt that good books are still being written and this is one of them.

First of all I liked Corine, she is colourful (and then I am not talking about her clothes). I didn't know what to think about Chance at first, just as she struggled with her own emotions for him. But then I did want to see them together. Though I do confess that sexy cop Jesse Saldana sure stirred the blood when he showed up. He was a lovely surprise in the book.

This book sure had a bit of everything thrown in and perhaps that is why I liked it. It did feel different, and a good book needs that to stand out. What is better than dark magic, and then zombies too. Yes even those fitted in.

I do like a book that makes me giggle, and smile. Oh it has some really good bits in it, one that involved a conversation about some cakes and ice-cream after dinner sure made me giggle while I read it.

So if you are on a lookout for a book invloving paranormal, romance, danger, and some fun times then this is the book for you.

How I am supposed to say something bad now..... ok, the cover, when Corine was described in the book I sure thought about her a certain way and that cover doesn't seem like her. The jeans, yes, but not the blouse. Lol, yes this really seems to be the only negative thing I can think of.


I will give this book 4/5 because I enjoyed it a lot, and I would recommend it to others.

It also made me want to read more of Aguirre's books since I haven't read her sci-fi books yet.

Blue Diablo comes out on April 7th


4 comments:

  1. Oh, my. This sounds right up my alley.

    And btw, I've added you to my blog roll over at www.cjreading.blogspot.com

    I like what I've seen and my mom was 100% Finn and though I'm a bit mixed (dad was French and Polish) I consider myself a Finn... or at least the American version of one.

    cjh

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice book, fun to read :)

    Really, your mum is Finnish, cool. What a small world

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not all that small. The area where I grew up has a large Finnish population, most at one time immigrants, of course.

    Her mother and father both immigrated to the US, her mother when she was quite young. My mom grew up speaking both Finn and English and would speak with her Finnish friends in Finn to keep us from listen in to the conversation when I was a kid.

    I hope to visit one day.

    cjh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see, yes many Finns did go to the US and many seemed to end up in the same place :)

    Though to be honest, I am a Swedish speaking Finn, so I I only grew up listening to Swedish as a kid. I live in those parts of the country.

    Finland is nice, you really should visit one day. Summer is warm, and Winter is just great

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP