Tuesday 27 November 2012

Review: Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight - Grace Burrowes


No one would ever guess that Lady Louisa, the most reserved of the Duke of Moreland's daughters, had published a book of racy poems under a pseydonym on a dare. Before she can buy and destroy all of the copies, a dastardly fortune hunter seeks to compromise her reputation by revealing her secret identity at a holiday ball.

Before she can be publicly ruined, close family friend Sir Joseph Carrington saves the day by offering to marry Louisa. As he recites poetry to her, waltzes with her by starlight, and showers her with lovely kisses, they both begin to discover that their match may be the best Christmas gift either has ever received...

My thoughts:
Lady Louisa is finally getting her man, not that she was looking though. All the sisters seem to be happy with what they have at the moment. Let's start.

There are secrets, but to be honest, the secrets in this series are all pretty lame. Though I did like her secret, that made sense with her choices. We learn it almost at once too. Joseph's secret, oh that was the lame one, I did not know why he even bothered with that one. But then this is not about secrets. For me these books are about romance.

Louisa needs a knight in shining armor and her widowed neighbor Sir Joseph comes to the rescue. They are already acquainted, but here they learn to know each other better, and fall in love.

The story worked (even if his secret was lame but he is a man so they are all silly ;). The love grows and I could see it. Sure it all takes place during a short period of time but still it works. And as always the book is light and so easy to read that the pages just fly by. You have to read on.

And yes it does work as a stand alone too.

Conclusion:
A nice historical romance

Series:  (The Duke's Daughters, #3) (Windham #6)
Genre: Historical romance
Pages: 384
Published: October 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: For review

33 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely and I am a sucker for holiday reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this one and it works as a stand-alone. I have it, just haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I think this would make a nice christmas read! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want to know what the lame secret is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well it was lame that is all I am saying

      Delete
  5. Oh yes! I can read out of order! ;D BTW Love this: "even if his secret was lame but he is a man so they are all silly" Makes me want to read this one even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, yes you can ;)
      Well that is a good thing then, the big secret, ohhhhh

      Delete
  6. ah it's perfect when you can read it as a standalone book. Love the fact lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too :D....even if I have read all in order ;)

      Delete
  7. And look at how much of his head is on the cover! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they are just hiding that bald spot of his ;D

      Delete
  8. Men....they are special creatures. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should really try this series. It sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too bad the the secret was lame. Oh, those silly men. I do enjoy reading books that take place at Christmas, no matter how silly. I dare say that I have enjoyed even the right down tacky when it comes to Christmas reads. I will probably really enjoy this one. Thank you for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, tacky can be great and yes let's just say he is really silly and thought it to be a big bad secret ;)

      Delete
  11. I started Twas the Night after Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries but this one is one that I am going to read this year :) It looks perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you will enjoy it :D I am saving an xmas read for the 23rd

      Delete
  12. I guess I should give this author another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lame secrets, bahaha silly men, but still good. hmmm will have to think about that lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes those silly men. The woman on the other has a good secret

      Delete
  14. Nice review, I really need to read a book by her. I seem to be a bit bummed out by historicals though, I am on a UF/PNR kick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an eclectic kind of gal, I could not live solely on a UF PNR diet

      Delete
  15. Great review! I enjoy light and fun reads, and like you it's all about the romance for me. This sounds like one I'll be checking out. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP