Wednesday 5 November 2014

Black Spring - Christina Henry

A former Agent of death, Madeline Black now has everything to live for, most importantly, her unborn child. But Chicago has become ground zero in a struggle between ancient creatures, and only Maddy can stop the carnage…

The mayor of Chicago has announced a plan to round up the city’s supernatural beings and put them in camps. With her due date looming, Maddy’s best move would be to lay low for a while. But not everyone is willing to respect her privacy. Hounded by tentacled monsters, a rogue shapeshifter, and a tenacious blogger, Maddy turns to her most powerful ally, her uncle Daharan, only to find him missing.

Just when it seems like things can’t get any worse, Maddy gets an invitation in the mail—to Lucifer’s wedding. Turns out everyone has been invited, friends and enemies alike. And with that kind of guest list, it’s highly unlikely there will be a happily ever after. 

My thoughts:
Oh no, the end, now I am sad :/ I am happy that it ended well, cos I do know those series that just goes on and on. But it's always hard to say goodbye.

Maddy has grown, I was pretty proud of her in this one. Sure she still wants to save everyone, but she has a good head on her shoulders while saving everyone.

I will miss the gang! JB,  and Beezel the best gargoyle side-kick in the world!, Lucifer because even though he makes her life hell he is still a such a good baddie, his brothers cos they are evil and good, Nathaniel who I did not like at all at first but now yes I want them happy and together.

The book is about the big wedding, yes Lucifer is getting married to a psycho. And everyone is invited. But Maddy's life is not easy, someone is trying to kill her, what is Aleran up to? Why must she go to the wedding (cos Lucifer sucks)? And of course there is the whole I am preggers and might give birth any second thing.

Conclusion:
Again, sad that it ended but it was been a fun ride :) 

cover
cool

Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published October 28th 2014 by Ace
Black Wings #7
Urban fantasy
own

39 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this and will miss them too. I love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booo. So sad. I hate the end of series. At least it was a good way to end the series. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad but good. Cos some go on and on and suck

      Delete
  3. I really hate when a favorite series ends, for two reasons: one, I'm afraid I'll be seriously disappointed, and two, I hate to say goodbye to beloved characters!
    So glad this worked out!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      I am so glad it ended on top. I'd love a spin-off too, oh that would be so cool

      Delete
  4. I liked this series well enough, but it wasn't my favorite. Still, I suppose I should finish it, and I will, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it cos it was cheesy and honestly cheesy bad at times, but it just worked for me

      Delete
  5. It's sad when a series ends especially if you've been enjoying it, but there's also something to be said about getting a satisfying conclusion. And it also seems it's common to end with a wedding and the couple expecting.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. The minute I read "pregnant" I figured it wasn't for me. Something about kids, born or unborn, just turn me off of books, generally speaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Lots of pregnant women around in romance

      Delete
  7. I just skimmed once I realized this is part of a series-but I am such a sucker for books set in Chicago, Going to have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not tried her. Yay for it ending on a good note but dang yeah always sad to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, at least I can read the whole series one after the other. Haven't started it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess it's better to go out on a high note instead of dragging it out too long even when you'll miss everyone.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reading one of those now, why do I even bother?

      Delete
  11. Even though it is over, at least it ended on a high note.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is the last one?!? Aw! I do hate when a good series ends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate it when a good series ends. It's always nice to see character growth. I was hesitant about the pregnant thing too, because she can't really be saving the day while putting her baby in danger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard not to save the day when someone sends a baddie after you

      Delete
  14. Oh I didn't know that it was the last one... I'm a little behind, I need to read book 4...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I gave-up on this series several installments ago because I just couldn't stand Maddy's character. It's good that the series finale worked for you!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, at times it was stupid, but for me stupid fun ;)

      Delete
  16. I love/d this series from the first book. And while I am glad to see the series end on a positive note and the author got her chance to end it on her terms, I was disappointed with the book. I ranted about it on my blog, so I won't here, but in the end, it wasn't what I had hoped for the series.

    With that said, I still recommend to UF fans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw it on GR ;)
      And I hear what you re saying, I would even agree if I didn't love a HEA

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP