Friday 21 November 2014

Romance Friday: Fantasyland 1 and 2 - Kristen Ashley

Seoafin “Finnie” Wilde was taught by her parents that every breath was a treasure and to seek every adventure she could find. And she learns this lesson the hard way when they perish in a plane crash. But she never forgets and when she discovers there is a parallel universe where every person has a twin, she finds a witch who can send her there so she can have the adventure of a lifetime. 

But upon arrival in the Winter Wonderland of Lunwyn, she realizes she’s been played by her twin and finds herself walking down the aisle to be wed to The Drakkar. 

Thrown into inauspicious circumstances, with years of practice, Finnie bests the challenges and digs into her adventure. But as Frey Drakkar discovers the woman who is his new wife is not Princess Sjofn, a woman he dislikes but instead, his Finnie, a free-spirit with a thirst for venture just like him, without her knowledge he orders his new bride bound to his frozen world, everlasting. 

But at the same time Frey plunges Finnie into a web of political intrigue that includes assassination plots, poison, magic, mystery and… dragons. 

Kindle Edition, 536 pages
Published August 15th 2011
Fantasyland #1
Fantasy romance
Own

My thoughts:
Finnie wants an adventure and goes to a parallel world and pretends to be her parallel twin while her lesbian parallel twins goes to our world to have some fun. It seems to be a good idea...not.

It was crazy. Dumped in a strange winter world, made to marry within minutes. Left alone after the wedding to survive on her own. Omg, epic stuff there. She was all f!? And then she just went on with life and had her adventure. She was so cool, and weird.

When the romance finally start. Well, ok so yes Frey is an asshole, but hey in a good way. Of course he does not want a woman who does not want him. But she is all hey there, and he is all is this my wife? Hell yeah. They were amusing to read about, and she is just So Earth modern woman. While he is a barbarian.

Yes he did make some foolish choices. MEN! But I could forgive them, cos shit got real and then you can't worry about stuff like that when true love is around.

Conclusion:
A fun fantasy romance that was just...cheesy! In the best possible way. 

Cover
Boring

Circe Quinn goes to sleep at home and wakes up in a corral filled with women wearing sacrificial virgin attire - and she is one of them. She soon finds out that she’s not having a wild dream, she’s living a frightening nightmare where she’s been transported to a barren land populated by a primitive people and in short order, she’s installed very unwillingly on her white throne of horns as their Queen.

Dax Lahn is the king of Suh Tunak, The Horde of the nation of Korwahk and with one look at Circe, he knows she will be his bride and together they will start The Golden Dynasty of legend.

Circe and Lahn are separated by language, culture and the small fact she’s from a parallel universe and has no idea how she got there or how to get home. But facing challenge after challenge, Circe finds her footing as Queen of the brutal Korwahk Horde and wife to its King, then she makes friends then she finds herself falling in love with this primitive land, its people and especially their savage leader. 

My thoughts:
I would not call it spoiler when it happens int the first pages. See it as a warning.

No, wtf, NO! RAPE IS NEVER RIGHT. I do not give a fuck if it's their society. He brutally attacks and rapes her. And what I am supposed to read on and they will fall in love and she will change their society. Well do that, he still raped you.

How the fuck is this romance?

I wish there was a worse rating than 1. NO!

Also why is everyone comparing it to GoT. A scene which I also hated. No, nothing romantic with a raped 13 year old falling for her rapist. I HATE THIS FUCKING TROPE.

Kindle Edition, 485 pages
Published August 22nd 2011
Fantasyland #2
Fantasy romance
Own

21 comments:

  1. I'm all for cheesy books sometimes! I need them in my life:) I'm a huge Kristen Ashley fan, but I haven't read any of her paranormal books, just her contemporary ones. I might have to give these a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read any of her contemporary ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm a sucker for parallel worlds! It's my weakness. Also, cheesy works for me, especially when it's cold outside and I want to read and relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so want to fall into a parallel world! LOL

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you read this series. I'm also glad you liked first book and although I understand why you hated second book, I can't help but feel sad about it, because that's my favorite book in the series. I get it though, I get it... and I learned my lesson. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOO MARCELA. BAD MARCELA!
      But the rest were fun

      Delete
  4. 1) This one sounds good.

    2) Noooooooooo thank you for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read book one. I've read book two and I can see where some people wouldn't like it. I personally enjoyed it. I think I looked at it as a cultural issue that the people didn't really see as wrong and how the female lead (I can't remember to her name) teaches the people there to treat people better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get that. And I could even forgive the rapist, cos he lived in a STUPID society.

      BUT I could NEVER forgive her. He brutally rapes her time after time. And she forgives, forgets, and loves him. Oh and it helps that he is a hunk.
      Just no, that does not work for me

      Delete
  6. Really?! I can't believe she'd even try to romanticize rape! I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does not matter if he was that, or this. She still falls in love with someone who made her feel like shit. I can't think of that as romance

      UGH

      Delete
  7. Hey, cheesiness def has its place sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me with the first one, but the second one? No. I hate that trope and will dnf a book for it. That is the closest to negative numbers I can get for a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it and DNF at once. No will to move on after the hero rapes the heroine

      Delete
  9. sorry that the second book was like that. I've only tried Rock Chick for now but I have book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops. I make sure to skip this one. Hate when you like the first book and then hate the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP