Tuesday 13 October 2015

The Duke and Miss Christmas - Amelia Grey

Crispin, the Duke of Hurst, has never met a woman he couldn't handle--until he's hit over the head with a basketful of mistletoe by a young lady who mistakes his intentions. When he gets into a tussle with her--and she can hold her own--Crispin knows he has finally met his match.

Miss Gwen Prim is mortified that she attacked a duke, but even more concerning is the way her resolve melts when she's near him. She's never felt this way about a gentleman in her life. And with the magic of Christmas in the air, she may end up with a proposal she didn't expect...

My thoughts:
I did want more, this should so have been a full length novel. I like her writing and the characters were fun.

Crispin, our Duke, has some woman issues in his past (he was an ass it seems). But since I have not read the previous books I could not be that mad. He seemed nice and reformed.

Gwen, she was nice, she loved her sisters, and she had an incident in her past. Men can be such fools!

They meet, with a BANG! Since it is a novella things does progress fast. But I could see the attraction, even if they acted upon it very fast.

Conclusion:
A nice holiday novella with a HEA.

Kindle Edition, 100ish?
Publication: October 13th 2015 by St. Martin's Paperbacks
The Heirs' Club of Scoundrels Trilogy #2.5
Historical romance
NG

32 comments:

  1. And how do you like the cover? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I'm looking for good Christmas-y novels. I'll add this one to my pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing the same when I came across it

      Delete
  3. I can't get beyond the name Crispin... sounds like something you pop in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gah i have a love and hate relationships with novellas, but i been trying more of them recently since my life kinda makes it hard for everything else

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this was a novel, oops, I just saw the name and requested it and then was all, dang novella

      Delete
  5. Oh you are enjoying these. :) And a novella. Sounds good and quick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes novellas can be a quick enjoyable read and this one sounds like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun for a holiday read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if you wanted it longer, it sounds like a nice novella there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! :) Yes a book would have been even more awesome

      Delete
  9. Hey, it's good if you're left wanting more :) The issues start when you're left thinking; "Oh, this dragged on forever!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that looks cute. I don't think I've read her yet. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a fan of historicals. I'm glad you enjoyed it and left you wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn, Crispin is very rare hero name in historical romance. I remember encountering them at least a couple of times before...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds cute. I haven't read the author but now I might.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a perfect Christmas read to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Want. I love a good christmas romance with an HEA!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girrrrl what are you doing with a Christmas novel already? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hate that they are released in October

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP