Wednesday 18 May 2016

The Assistants - Camille Perri

What would you do if you thought you’d get away with it?
I folded the cheque and shoved it deep into the black hole darkness of my bag. At the time it seemed innocent enough. I would just, you know, bring the cheque home and then tear it to shreds.
For six years Tina has served drinks and collected dry-cleaning for a boss who spends more on lunch than Tina does on rent, and her debts are piling up. Then a blip in the expenses system offers her the opportunity to change her life, a big fat cheque that shouldn’t have her name on it. She’s a good person but the temptation is too much and Tina’s moral compass temporarily malfunctions.
But with wealth comes trouble. It doesn’t take long for one of Tina’s fellow assistants to notice – and she wants in. Tina may have an unlimited expense account but is she about to discover the limit to her luck? 

My thoughts:
Oh Tina Tina, you sure got yourself into one big mess.

This book is, what to say, revenge chick-lit, but not really chic-lit, women's fic? Oh whatever, it is fiction ;)

Tina is an assistant. We are told her boss is crazy, eh, you know Tina, it's your job to assist. Sure he spends a lot of money, but he is rich, he can. Anyway, she steals and pays of her debt. Which, I get the remorse, that is bad! But at the same time that is pocket change. No one would ever notice, and she gets a crap salary anyway, and she does everything for him!

But of course the book does not end there, someone else wants in and then and the and then...our of control!

Still, she does make a new friend, and she meets a guy that she gradually gets to know better.

All while they steal money.

And then the world falls down, the book starts with the end, so that is not a spoiler.

Conclusion:
It was really light and I just breezed right through it.

Cover
ok

Kindle Edition, 320 pages
Published April 21st 2016 by Transworld Digital
Fiction
NG

32 comments:

  1. Love books like this that stay light and let me just be entertained:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've read all that many chick lit/women's fiction books. The revenge aspect would catch my attention though lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. I so would not lose sleep over stealing from him. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. Love light especially right now. I've read a couple of heavy books one after another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't feel too bad....it would be like stealing a dollar or a quarter (so like change).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to decide which genre a book fits sometimes. This would probably make an entertaining movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would certainly be more chic lit then and they would play up the romance

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure I would like this book. The whole "I'm a good person, but I'll steal anyway because I'm tempted!" is sort of a pet peeve of mine, even though I know that's the whole point of this book ;-)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did bother me too, sure he has a lot, but at the same time..you are stealing. But then again he could so afford to pay her more for the work she does

      Delete
  8. Drat my moral compass always pointing north. I couldn't have done it. Sounds like the dominoes were set in motion for her and she lost control. Fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting premise and so tempting for Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! He's her personal piggy bank.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's always nice to read a book like that from time to time

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I don't think I'd like her at all. But glad you had fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds strange - the heroine stealing? lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  14. a love a story to breeze through!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP