Friday 20 October 2017

Audio Review: The Scotsman who saved me - Hannah Howell

A brutal attack on Emily Stanton's family has left her for dead . . . until she is found in the woods by a handsome stranger with a thick brogue who vows to protect her. There's only one problem: As a woman with a noble English background, she has no business keeping company with such a man. For Scotsman Iain MacEnroy, Emily's high-tone accent is a bitter reminder of the oppressive regime he left behind. The last thing he needs is to be burdened by the needs of a beautiful, blue-eyed Englishwoman. But taking care of elegant, educated Emily begins to transform Iain in ways he never imagined. Could it be that the deep divisions from the old world no longer apply in the new-and that Iain and Emily can share a passion as lush and wild as the Scottish highlands themselves?

Audio CD, 8 h - Published September 26th 2017 by Tantor Audio - Seven Brides for Seven Scotsmen #1 - Historical romance - For review

My thoughts:
Quite the beginning with Iain and his brothers finding a burned cabin and dead bodies inside. And everyone is so calm with the violence cos sadly it could happen. But yes it starts with a bang.

Emily's sister and brother in law are dead. And what is she now to do? Well luckily she was saved by a sexy Scot who is all kind and nice and brings her to his home. Emily was a survivor and determined to succeed. She may have been gentry but those days are over. I liked her, she had a good head on those shoulders.

Iain hates the gentry since he is Scottish and they sadly kicked out a lot of Scots. But American is the land of dreams. At times I did wonder about things, in listening it comes across as weird at times, I wonder if it is like that in print. He never did ask, just always went for it, and then there are her thoughts. I guess I wanted her to be more yay kisses and more. Cos now it seemed...weird. Which it is so not meant to be. They are swept away by lust, aren't they always.

There is something more but I do not want to spoil it all. The danger that is after her. What happened to her sis and brother in law and more...danger.

And then there is getting a glimpse of all his brothers, and they all seem lovely and I hope they all find love.

Conclusion:
Scots in America. Scots are needed everywhere. A nice romance

Narrator Justine Eyre.
I did like her voices, but a woman can never make a Scot sound as sexy as a man can...nope ;) But I still enjoyed her male and female voices. Her voice for Mrs ONeill was perfect, a totally no nonsense matron.

Listen to a sample

22 comments:

  1. it's always great to have a nice romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Scots are needed everywhere

    Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Blodeuedd, Its been a while since I've read a romance by Hannah, it's time I get back to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been awhile since I read a book by Hannah Howell. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hah yes I agree scots are needed everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds good, I've never listened to Scottish romance on audio. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, now I'm intrigued at the bigger story about why her sister and brother in law were killed.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed, I would prefer a male narrator for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A man is needed for a Scot...though I do know one woman that does it well

      Delete
  9. I like some of her time travel Scots books, I have one to read but haven't listened to any of hers on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My drive to work has lengthened a little bit...so I really should start listening to audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS: Scots are needed everywhere. Haha. I've yet to read/listen to Hannah Howell but I've heard good things.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP