Sunday 22 October 2017

Carole's Sunday Review: Of flame and fate - Cecy Robson

Author: Cecy Robson
Title: Of Flame and Fate (Weird Girls #8)
Genre: UF and Romance
Pages: ebook
Published: September 26th 2017
I Got It: My shelf (Amazon)

Taran Wird, who commands the power to wield fire and lightning, is an oddity in the supernatural world. But neither Taran nor her unique sisters compare to the bizarre entity known as Destiny. And Taran is assigned to protect her.


Born of two witches, Destiny is revered among the supernatural elite for her acute ability to predict the future. Her biggest prophecy involves Taran’s sister, Celia, whom Destiny decreed will bear children strong enough to take on the evil that’s rising. Yet Destiny is not alone in her predictions, or individuality.



When Johnny Fate, a rock star among humans and a male version of Destiny is discovered, his powers and Destiny’s clash, triggering the start of Destiny’s demise and altering the fate of Celia’s unborn children.



Taran, her werewolf lover Gemini, and their allies must determine if it’s Fate who will decide what will become of Celia’s children, or if their lives and the world will perish with Destiny



I was so excited when I realized I had pre-ordered this book. I totally forgot! When I opened my kindle and this started loading I squealed with joy and the moment it was done I dove in. 



Oooooooooooooooooooooooh this was good! 



And look at that cover? BEAUTIFULLLLL!



The beginning started right where the short story left off and I had to try and remember what happened previously. Once I got my footing, I couldn’t put it down. 



There really is no break for Taran and her sisters. Evil never sleeps I guess. So yes. Like normal the baddies are after the sisters, but now the baddies have their sights on some big players for the good guys. This includes Destiny who I simply adore! 



Gemini is still my favorite wolf I think, but he was annoying. Yes, yes, I get he wants to protect Taran, but I feel like he was being a little over-protective in this one. But I guess I get it after their break-up and getting back together. He is scared to lose her again. I get it…but a girl’s gotta do her part in protecting the world and her family. Taran is a tough cookie. 



Yes. This was so good. I loved Fate and his whole story. I want to learn more about the whole Destiny/Fate thing for sure. 



There were a few SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW moments that had me bored. Which happens. 



The ending was something else. I cried in happiness and laughed like a loon. Dang it for feels!



In the end, this was really good. The beginning was a little jarring because it started RIGHT after the short story and it had been a while since I read the last story. Gem needs to calm down. He did get better near the end. I highly encourage reading the past novels before diving into this one. There is a lot of backstory going on and has a HUGE part to play in the story. 



I shall stamp this with.....4 stars. 






12 comments:

  1. Ihad a good time with this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed on this one because the cover didn't appeal to me but it sounds good.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good one. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to open you kindle and get a book you've been looking forward to loaded. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Carole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound like such a great read, I'm glad you were able to enjoy it, despite some slow parts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taran is definitely a tough cookie, and, yes, Fate's story was intriguing. Enjoyed the review, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been seeing this book everywhere. I really need to start reading this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Taran is my favorite sister. I love her spunk! :D

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP