Tuesday 20 February 2018

TMST: Reading time


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

 February 20th: How do you find time to read?

It used to be, anywhere and everywhere, and anytime. Now, ha! At first when Baby S was little it was when she slept on me. I read a lot back then. Then she started to say no to those 6 hours feedings/naps.

That is when I started to read less and listen more. At one time I was on a 4 walk sched, that turned into a 3 walk sched, that now is a 2 walk schedule and I usually send SO on that last one. But anyway that is when I listen! I talk a 1 hour walk with her and listen. I also listen to 1.8 speed since omg, slow, can NOT do slow. Which means I get almost 2 hours like that ;)

Then there are mornings when I wake and do not want to disturb her and I just listen to a book for 2 hours. Or like when I had trouble falling asleep if she woke me in the night. Audio!

Reading I get when she is sleeping outside.

So that is when I find time to read :)

 This is where I get my audio time (well not today cos I was taking pics and SO was with me)

 The two that cut down on my reading time



30 comments:

  1. What fun pics! Like you, it seemed like I could find a book to read just about anywhere and it consumed all my time. Now, I'm involved in so many other projects that I get it in when I can, even when it's only 30 minutes a day. Despite that, I keep adding on books to the pile, hoping one day soon to get to them all. Really wonderful post! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bookpile at home keep on growing. Before I could easily have read them, but now more seem to come in than going out

      Delete
  2. Being with those sweeties would be worth giving up reading time for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a sweetie and he is such a cutie. My reading time has gone up a little bit since we are settled in. I'm trying to read more AND listen more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for listening more ;) I will convert you fully

      Delete
  4. We fit in our reading according to our circumstances and... such wonderful distractions from it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember getting a lot of reading done while I nursed my little ones, then when they become mobile it got harder. I used to go walking with them all the time too and listen. Now that they are older, it is easier again to find time to read. Glad you are making it work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is harder now when she is mobile. Suddenly she is somewhere else, so to concentrate on a book...nah

      Delete
  6. My pets always interrupt my reading!

    I get all settled in and the dogs have to pee or the cat starts drooling on me lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audiobooks help me keep reading soooooo much now

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep! A little one and a cat will do it. LOL The audiobooks really are a lifesaver when you want books, but can't sit down and read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think as long as you can fit reading time into your schedule somehow that is all that matters really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I had kids is also when I started listening to audiobooks more versus actually reading. It's just so much more convenient. I can fit them in whenever I'm doing anything, as long as my attention is free enough to follow the story.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure come in handy when you have kids :)

      Delete
  11. So cute! But it must be so hard to have time for yourself. It's amazing that you actually have time to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep. That's about it in a nutshell. lol. It's hard when you have others that depend on you. But we still find a way and a little time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little kids make it hard to find a lot of reading time. I wish that I could listen to fast audio. I have tried and I don't like it so I listen at 1.0.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never do that anymore. I put a sample in one of my posts and listening to it drove me insane LOL. Too slow

      Delete
  14. I do so much listening because I have more time. I used to be able to read a little here and there for ebooks, but lately, that hasn't worked for me. I have several books to read, but I just get stuck sometimes.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much easier listening these days, if I could not listen then no books would be read

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP