Tuesday 21 August 2018

TMST:


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

August 21st: What are things are you drawn to when choosing your next read?

First, obviously, the cover. It is the first thing I see, and yes I do admit I scroll past books that might sound good at times, but if the cover is like super horrid and tacky then, well bye. Yes that might sound bad (and mostly it's with self pubbed books, sorry!) I seem to do better with bad covers and trad pub.

Second, the blurb. That is what I look at, and that is what makes me decide to read or not to read. If it isn't a book I have seen on a blog, cos then it's the review that makes me want it.

And finally when the books are in my house then I do not know. Fate decides. It might the book I want to read the most, the books that speaks to me at that moment or I let someone else decide for me ;)

Covers, good blurbs and great reviews. Honestly, that is all I need! Cos with unknown books that I all I see, that is all I know.


Can I jump this?
No, bad Luci!

22 comments:

  1. same for me Blodeuedd, fate is the big one too once I have the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read the blurb and I like pnr, mostly vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah and sometimes cover. But usually id I don't have books from authors or publishers it's so complicated to choose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Covers aren't all that important to me. Probably because I read so many romances on Kindle and forget them all anyway lol & so many pretty covers have been bad books s0...

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good point there, if I were to choose audibooks I would not look at covers cos they tend to suck

      Delete
  5. I pick books up on a whim too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have thrown out schedules and deadlines and gone back to picking up books on a whim as well and I am so much happier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a cover lover too, so don't feel bad hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've stopped looking at covers for the most part, but there have been a few that immediately caught my attention. They were just too fabulous to ignore! I tend to choose books randomly, or based on what's been sitting on my shelves the longest... it's so random.

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those from my shelves are so random at times. I might pick one up and discard it the next second for another one

      Delete
  9. I am also a sucker for nice covers, and of course the blurb is huge too. Authors are a factor as well, especially if they are insta-buys.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. That makes sense. What you see first makes the impression. I gravitate toward covers I think are cool or beautiful, but sometimes a hideous cover will also grab my attention and make me curious. After that, my mood is really the biggest deciding factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First impression is important, the rest is up to the book :)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP