Thursday 2 April 2020

Audio: Smoke Bitten by Patricia Briggs

Narrated by: Lorelei King
Series: Mercy Thompson, Book 12
Length: 10 hrs and 9 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 03-17-20
Language: English
Publisher: Penguin Audio
Urban fantasy
Own

Short review coming up!

Book 12, still going strong! (though there were a bump in the road a few books back).

I mean what can I say?

Ugh, the ex wife, the mentioning of her made me scream at Mercy to just leave them all!

An evil smoke monster on the loose.

Wicked werewolves.

Aww Bran. I will always love Bran. Even after the weirdness.

I really enjoy Lorelai's narration. I know I jumped in at 11, but she is perfect and makes the book.

It is book 12! It was great, sure I do want an ending soon, I want closure and happiness. But I still love the books so much too.

I am Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman.
My only “superpowers” are that I turn into a 35 pound coyote and fix Volkswagens. But I have friends in odd places and a pack of werewolves at my back. It looks like I'm going to need them. 

Centuries ago, the fae dwelt in Underhill - until she locked her doors against them. They left behind their great castles and troves of magical artifacts. They abandoned their prisoners and their pets. Without the fae to mind them, those creatures who remained behind roamed freely through Underhill wreaking havoc. Only the deadliest survived. 

Now one of those prisoners has escaped. It can look like anyone, any creature it chooses. But if it bites you, it controls you. It lives for chaos and destruction. It can make you do anything - even kill the person you love the most. Now it is here, in the Tri-Cities. In my territory. 

It won't, can't, remain. 

Not if I have anything to say about it.

20 comments:

  1. evil exes and wicked weres sign me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at authors who can keep a series going strong for this long. It's rare.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to read her at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not want this series to end. It is still so good! I can't wait to try the audiobook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I mean I LOVE it, but at the same time I am scared it will drag

      Delete
  5. I've always loved Lorelei's narration! I started the series with audio and she was so good, it really helped me get into audiobooks in general. Also I enjoyed this one, a good change from the last one.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you started with her?! And I began at 11, ahem, I know! I kind of want to re-read by listening now

      Delete
  6. Amazing this series is still going! I've been contemplating a series re-read lately. It would be a good comfort read, and refresher because there's no way I can remember everything that happened in the first books, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been enjoying a re-read of the series on audio and love Lorelei King for these books. Glad this latest was still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I could do audio from start, but so much to catch up on

      Delete
  8. Someday I may read this. I finally picked up book 1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't care for Bran so much anymore. :-( I like it when he is Bran and the two worlds stay mostly separate. I loved the "bad guy" in this one - I totally figured it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know, but I still love him, and ugh hate Leah so much

      Delete
  10. I'm glad you enjoyed these, I need to read Patricia Briggs one day.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP