Tuesday 11 June 2024

TMST

 


 

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.





6/11/2024 Have your reading interests changed over time?




I mean yes of course. I did read all those horse books when I was younger, and then very early on I went on to crime and thrillers. Yes it was a rather quick change. My library did not have a lot of YA books. At the same time since 10 I was also very into harlequin books. All that romance.




And then I found UF and PNR, like whaat. I had dipped my toe into some YA before that, but not like that. New world, a new English world, and I did not look back.



In the end what has stayed with me is fantasy and romance. Always and forever






6/18/2024 Share some LGBTQ-character books you've recently enjoyed.

6/25/2024 Mid-Year Check-In: What books have you loved so far in 2024?




Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.




If you are interested in participating in TMST or receiving periodic emails that list the upcoming TMST topics and questions,  please fill out this GOOGLE FORM.  Participation is optional and never required.




14 comments:

  1. I read lots of "literary" books and mysteries when I was a teen. Now all I read are supernatural/magical realism/sci-fi books and little else...

    "New world, a new English world, and I did not look back."
    Ah, I can relate so much. I read my first international books because I couldn't find them in translation (and then decided I wanted to read the originals even if the translations existed), and that opened a whole new world for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really opened a new world. I liked my books before, but then I realised that some translations really suck! Lol

      Delete
  2. OMG I have totally changed my reading genres so many times now. Non fiction, then YA, PNR/UF, romance of different kinds, now I'm so completely random.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My reading tastes have changed and they continue to change based on my mood. Lately I'm not into romances unless it's combined with a mystery, suspense or thrills. Or in fantasy and UF. I'm bored by just romance, unless it's a really good writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if my taste will change in 10 years. I have been on this road for a while now

      Delete
  4. I think mine has shifted a bit

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I started blogging, I loved paranormal romance. It was so popular then. Sometimes I miss reading those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting to see where our reading more or less began and where we are now in terms of reading tastes. I have kept a reading log for many years and am always curious about any patterns I may have noticed. One thing I forgot to mention in my own post, but am remembering now is that I gravitate more towards women authors now than I do men.

    Here's my response: https://www.literaryfeline.com/2024/06/where-is-your-bookmark-my-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to keep a journal, but now I just rely on GR. But there are years missing in between. I wonder about those

      Delete
  7. Yep, I'm with you on UF and romance!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP