Saturday 7 September 2024

Roomies by Christina Lauren

By: Christina Lauren


Narrated by: K. C. Sheridan


Length: 9 hrs and 35 mins


Release date: 12-05-17 by Simon&Schuster audio


Romance






I was kind of bored a lot of the time. And was this like romantic fiction, because I did not get contemporary romance from it. No feels at all.




Holland watched a street artist from afar. She has the biggest crush. To make a long story short. They marry because he needs a green card. Ok so that went fast in a way, but so slow too. And I never felt that these two fell in love at all, they fell in lust. They had fights because they were idiots who did not actually talk at all.




I do not know, I had no other audiobooks so I just continued because I have wanted to try her books. But after this one I am feeling very meh.




Nothing wrong with the narration. She tried her best with the story she had






Marriages of convenience are so…inconvenient.




Rescued by Calvin McLoughlin from a would-be subway attacker, Holland Bakker pays the brilliant musician back by pulling some of her errand-girl strings and getting him an audition with a big-time musical director. When the tryout goes better than even Holland could have imagined, Calvin is set for a great entry into Broadway—until he admits his student visa has expired and he’s in the country illegally.




Holland impulsively offers to wed the Irishman to keep him in New York, her growing infatuation a secret only to him. As their relationship evolves from awkward roommates to besotted lovers, Calvin becomes the darling of Broadway. In the middle of the theatrics and the acting-not-acting, what will it take for Holland and Calvin to realise that they both stopped pretending a long time ago?




13 comments:

  1. Okay, must remember I do not want to read or listen to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear it wasn't better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt no chemistry between this couple and Holland's self-doubt and insecurities were annoying. She kept wondering why Calvin wanted to be with her and then I had to wonder the same thing with the way she was. I rated this 3 stars, but should've rated it lower. This was my least favorite book from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No chemistry at all. It was weird. I gave it a two in the end and I came away so disappointed. Such a bad pick from me

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I usually like their books but I haven't tried this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a terrible romance novel. I don't like relationships where you can't imagine the characters being happily ever after, they both sound like idiots. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember LOVING this one when it came out. I wonder if I would still... I stopped reading their books several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your review when I was wondering what was wrong with me

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP