Friday, 18 September 2026

The things we do to out friends by Heather Darwent


Format: 384 pages, Paperback


Published: January 4, 2024 by Penguin Books Ltd


Fiction/Borrowed





Sometimes a book is not bad enough to end it, and then it sort of grows on you and you want to know wtf is happening....




Clare comes to uni, meet a strange group of girls. A bit like Bunny, though Bunny was better. And then they start with something. And then we learn Clare has secrets.




Who needs enemies when you have friends. I cant say much cos that spoils it all. Everyone was just a mess. But I wanted to see how it would play out





Clare arrives at the University of Edinburgh with a secret. This is her chance for a blank slate: to find the right people and reinvent herself.



And then she meets Tabitha. Tabitha is charismatic, beautiful and intimidatingly wealthy. Soon Clare is sucked into her enigmatic circle of friends and their dizzying world of champagne on rooftops and summers in France.




Her new life has begun. Then Tabitha reveals the little project they're working on, a project they need Clare's help with. It's reckless, possibly perilous and might finally allow Clare to become who she was meant to be...




But how much is an extraordinary life worth if others have to pay?


16 comments:

  1. Your comment 'everyone was just a mess' made me laugh. I do like that it's set in Edinburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, yep, sometimes its bad, but still appealing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Everyone was just a mess."
    😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you didn't like it but then it ended up you did? I'm curious now to see what made you change your mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some books are so hard to review cos yes it was a bit do I like this? And then it turned weird and interesting

      Delete

About Me

My photo
I am young Finnish woman lost in a world of books.

Publishers/authors:I am open for reviewing books so please contact me if you want your book reviewed.

Look at my review policy for more info
I review from most genres on this blog, and those genres are: fantasy, urban fantasy, YA, historical/+romance, contemporary romance and literary fiction, horror, thrillers. + some other genres read by my guest reviewers.

Disclaimer: Books reviewed on this site are my own, if not stated otherwise. Then they were sent for free by the author, publicist or a publisher. I do not get any compensation for my reviews. I do this all for fun.google-site-verification: googlec45f9c3acb51f8cd.html
Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP