Sunday, 11 October 2026

The Stand-in by Lily Chu


By: Lily Chu


Narrated by: Phillipa Soo


Release date: 07-15-21


Length: 10 hrs and 55 mins


Publisher: Audible Originals


Contemporary romance





Gracie has a terrible boss and no where to turn. Her mother is in a home and Gracie needs money for a better one. Then she is stopped and asked to be a stand in for a famous Chinese actress called Wei Fangli...




Good money! But can she do it? I did not really understand why Gracie had such a hard time with the lie. It was like she thought people would think she came up with it herself and she went around pretending to be Fangli. But then she does suffer from anxiety and she writes these lists to keep herself calm. So the whole pretending thing is hard for her.




Oh and Fangli has a super hot friend called Sam and they do start with butting heads but something grows.




I enjoyed this one and I will def look for more on audible.




Great narration. I enjoyed it





Gracie Reed is doing just fine. Sure, she was fired by her overly “friendly” boss, and yes she still hasn’t gotten her mother into the nursing home of their dreams, but she’s healthy, she’s (somewhat) happy, and she’s (mostly) holding it all together.




But when a mysterious SUV pulls up beside her, revealing Chinese cinema’s golden couple Wei Fangli and Sam Yao, Gracie’s world is turned on its head. The famous actress has a proposition: due to their uncanny resemblance, Fangli wants Gracie to be her stand-in. The catch? Gracie will have to be escorted by Sam, the most attractive—and infuriating—man Gracie’s ever met.




If it means getting the money she needs for her mother, Gracie’s in. Soon Gracie moves into a world of luxury she never knew existed. But resisting Sam, and playing the role of an elegant movie star, proves more difficult than she ever imagined—especially when she learns the real reason Fangli so desperately needs her help. In the end all the lists in the world won't be able to help Gracie keep up this elaborate ruse without losing herself... and her heart.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am young Finnish woman lost in a world of books.

Publishers/authors:I am open for reviewing books so please contact me if you want your book reviewed.

Look at my review policy for more info
I review from most genres on this blog, and those genres are: fantasy, urban fantasy, YA, historical/+romance, contemporary romance and literary fiction, horror, thrillers. + some other genres read by my guest reviewers.

Disclaimer: Books reviewed on this site are my own, if not stated otherwise. Then they were sent for free by the author, publicist or a publisher. I do not get any compensation for my reviews. I do this all for fun.google-site-verification: googlec45f9c3acb51f8cd.html
Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP