Saturday 23 May 2009

"Hot In Here" - Sophie Renwick (ARC)


Hot In Here by Sophie Renwick

She wasn't his dish-until someone turned up the heat

Genre: Contemporary romance
Publication date: June 2nd 2009
Paperback: 288 pages


"I like my women the way I like my recipes: fast, easy and full of variety.”

Bryce Ryder in known as a playboy who dates sexy women and change between them like he changes his socks. His career is in jeopardy after a article in a magazine where he has been quoted saying certain things. He may be from a wealthy family but he wants to make it on his own and has started a successful restaurant, and has his own cooking show (Heating it up). A show watched by home wives who doesn't take kindly to his words and image. He needs to be saved.

In steps Jenna McCabe, his long time friend who owns a PR firm and she is known to be good at it. If anyone can help him it's her. What he doesn't know is that she has been in love with him for 10 years and for her 28th birthday she has promised herself him with a ribbon around. But that will be hard since he was badly hurt in the past by a woman who took half of what he owns, and he is not the commitment guy these days. Now is the time for Bryce to finally see her as the woman she is, and not just same plain girl and hopefully she can keep him too.


You remember what your mothers told you about playing with your food, well after this you will look at it another way. Yes food is sure meant the be played with and it gets played with a lot in this book. He is a wonderful chef, she loves his cooking, mix in with some sexual tension built to explode and what we have is something that boils over. A warning for people who think food should only be eaten from a plate. Because it will get hot in here. This book is steaming.

There will be more books in this series about the Ryder brothers. We quickly meet Tyson, and I can't form an opinion about him, but he will be around later. We see more of Trey and Jenna's sister Sarah, and I sure want to read more about them. They can't seem to stand each other, but at the same time... Yes it will be fun. These two has seen that Jenna is in love with Bryce, and Trey wants his brother to open his eyes too so they set off scheming on how to get them together. But those kinds of plans are a sure bet to fail because love can't be built on lies and deception.

There is also a third sister Emily, she does sound interesting, and I have my ideas on what she is up too. Her we will see more about in the other books I am sure. The McGabe farm is another set stone in the story. Here they grew up and Jenna has wonderful memories of her and Bryce there. It's also a part of the story how her family struggles to keep the farm as they risk to loose it, and everything on it will be destoyed.

I like the theme of friends becoming lovers and learning to know each other in a different way, and look at each other in a different light. They seem so right for each other and I wonder why they didn't get it sooner. But love is blind, and Bryce needed to learn to look past things. I am sure glad he did because they are sweet together, and I get the little jealous streak that comes out of him when he sees her with someone else. Then we do see that he want her, and he begins to admit it to himself. Admit that he may always have felt it. I do like Jenna, she is not a plain girl, she is Strong ans sweet, and Bryce is sexy and I wouldn't mind him cooking me something.

And there is sex, food sex, and a lot of others things that weaves into the story perfectly. It doesn't feel like there is sex for the sake of sex. No, it's there for a reason, and there is so much more than just it too. There is the story about them both, the farm, and their siblings. The book has a story to tell and it's being told.

It's a great story, and because of the way it's written it leaves you wanting more about the Ryder brothers and the McGabe girls.



Other reviews of the book can be found here: Lea @ Closetwriter, Vampfangirl @ Lovin Me some Romance and Barbara @ Happily ever After

received a copy for a review

17 comments:

  1. Another great review. This sounds like a pretty hot book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that there is sex and food sex:) Glad to hear there sex not just for the sake of having sex.

    I need to start expanding into the contem romances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I don't know if I've ever read a book with food sex! This sounds fun and interesting - thanks for the great review.

    And, you never know, maybe for your birthday Bryce will stop by and cook you something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy C,
    Thanks. Oh yes it was so hot that my poor computer caught on fire ;)

    Mandi,
    Hehe, yes food and sex, all you need, lol.
    The contemp are nice too. Good with a bit of change

    Carolyn,
    First for me too, maybe I have come across it, but not with this much. very yummy.

    Well let's hope for that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I don't read many contemps, but I love Charlotte's books so perhaps I should try this one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Blodeuedd:

    Great Review. I am so delighted you enjoyed the read as much as I did!

    Warm Regards
    L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Blodeuedd! Great review. I'm happy you enjoyed the story. I agree, I like the whole friends become lovers theme as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eva,
    I have yet to read Charlotte's books, and I would sure love too cos I do go for the historicals.

    Lea,
    I sure did :) And tried to write a good review too when I already had read your wonderful one.

    Barbara,
    It's a sweet theme, and they seem so right for each other cos of it. Which of course makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked it! Wooohooo on that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dar,
    Hehe I know, if a title ever has fitted a cover ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just dropping in to see what's up! Yes, friends becoming lovers...I'm down with that...it's how I found my wonderful hero!

    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hawk,
    Lovely theme indeed, and lovers should be best friends too :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Food and sex? Sounds like a winning combination!! Love your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great review Blodeuedd!! You do a great job!! I have it read and can not wait to start!!! Hope you are having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Staci,
    Thanks, haha, yup never read anything like it.

    Cecile,
    Thank you so much. I think I am getting better, but I am gonna improve more.
    And yeah fun weekend indeed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Blodeuedd!

    Glad to see you have your review up, I'll being posting mine shortly. Had an unexpected busy weekend after all. Company all day and a ton of it, but we had lots of fun, going through old family photos.

    Great review! It definitely a 'hot' read! I loved it. Hope my review is as good as yours. Did you have fun this weekend?

    I saw on Royal Reviews about KMM's widget, you can snatch it off any sight and customize it to fit your blog or color that you'd like. I got mine off of KMM's blog when I first started blogging, if you haven't read Darkfever, you're going to love it. Her Fever Series is most excellent.

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dottie,
    Lol, only book I managed to finish this weekend. I am so behind now.
    But then again long weekends should be spent with family and friends, and having fun.

    Hot read indeed :D

    And yes I had a great time this weekend, glad to hear you had one too. Very lovely, but I did burn my poor nose. Too much sun.

    Thanks! Cool I am gonna go and snag one now so I can listen to it now and then.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP