Wednesday 6 May 2009

Shopaholic Ties the Knot - Sophie Kinsella

First *sighs*, my internet connection is missing in action. No idea what's up so here I am a the slow, and bad library computers. Gotta cut it short today...oh and the cover for the book will come up I use my bf's computer since, photobucket is a banned site here. I miss the internet :(




Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella

Becky and Luke is now living in New York, and Becky has landed a dream job, she is a professional shopper at Barney's. Also, she does get a discount on what she buys there. Not to mention all the other "bargains" New York has to offer. Luke is building up his company, and trying to connect with his mother.

The her old flatmate Suze announces that she is getting married, and they are off to a wedding in Scotland. Where Becky catches the bouquet and inside there is a question..and yes the answer to that question can be seen in the book's title.

Luke ice-queen society mother is planning an extravagant wedding at the Plaza, while Becky's mother home in England is planning a sweet garden wedding. Both at the same day, both thinking their wedding is the only one. What is she to do?


Becky is in a sticky situation in this book, she wants to please Luke's mum even though she dislikes her. But Luke wants to re-connect. And back in England the wedding plans are in motion and she doesn't want to upset her own mother.

There is shopping, but more hidden in this book. She does go a bit crazy over certain tings back in England and that is hilarious as always.

What I love about these books is that it would be so easy to dislike Becky. But the way Kinsella have written it I end up loving Becky instead. Sure she spends a lot of money on idiotic thing, but she is clearly addicted. And she is sweet, and kind, and funny. Hopefully they will do something about that addiction though.

The book is funny, and it's always nice to see her in action. Not to mention that she really seems to enjoy her new job. I miss Suze, cos neighbor Danny is not the same thing. The frosty ice-queen is a good mix in, and I would like more Luke. I feel like I don't really know Luke. Still he seems like a cutie.

The next one, Shopaholic and Sister, well I thought about reading it at once but I will wait until I have shopaholic and baby.

I think this is enough chick-lit for a while ;)






17 comments:

  1. My goodness! I didn't realize there were so many of these Shopaholic books. :)

    Fantastic Review Blodeuedd! Thanks for the recommendation.

    :) VFG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the ending of that one. Sometimes it's nice to read something relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VFG,
    Yes shopaholic madness :) I have no idea if she plans more though, should check her site ;)

    Linda,
    It sure is, sometimes you just need something nice and fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really enjoying these aren't you? Will have to search them out - really getting the shopaholic buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrap girl,
    Lol does it show ;)
    I had to read another book now so to have something else to review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked this book too, but I think my favorite out of the series is Shopaholic and Sister :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review, hope you are back on your computer real soon, with everything up to speed. Nothin worse than no internet :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sumthinblue,
    I haven't read that one yet :D So far the first book is my fav :)

    Teddyree,
    I am back :D
    But I really think they should have let us know that they were doing something, I can just imagine how many emails and call they must have recieved

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you like these books. They do sound fun. Someday I'll have to try some chick lit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy C,
    I have loved chick-lit since Bridget Jones, and Janet Evanovich write the best series, with yummy men ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somedays people are waiting in line before the library door opens so they can use the computers around here-unemployment is high and a lot of people job hunt on line-that plus you're automatically shut down when your time is up-which is all a real bummer! Hope your computer is working soon : (

    BevE
    Merry Weather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Blodeuedd!

    My internet has been wacky for two weeks! I feel the pain of no internet...mine is running so slow right now, I hate to use...it's probably going to crash!!

    I love these Shopaholic books, so funny and she gets herself in so much trouble!

    Thanks for sharing and great review!! (another one for summer reading)

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bev,
    Luckily the library have a lot of computers because yes there are always people on them. Job hunting or just using the net. On the ones you reserve a time you get logged off on, but on the others, well if no one tells them they sit there long. Not the best system.

    Dottie,
    Slow is so annoying when you get used to better. But now I am finally back online. I just wish they could have given some warning, cos I had no idea what was going on.

    She is a hoot :D love to read about her crazy shopping trips, ideas and such

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are rockin' on this challenge! Way to go! I really liked the Shopaholic books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Twiga,
    Thanks, it's sure a fun challenge and I found the perfect books :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought this one was a riot. I agree about Danny, though. And I didn't read these all in a row. That would've been too much chick lit for me. Glad you're enjoying them so far.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anna,
    Lol, yes I stopped after this one so not to get a chick-lit over load. Will get back to book 4 though soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP