Friday 12 June 2009

Review: Synarchy Book 1: The Awakening by DCS



Synarchy Book 1: The Awakening by Chrystal Storm aka DCS


Pages: 216
Published: 2008


Chrystal Storm aka DCS is the author of the sci-fi thriller, Synarchy Book 1: The Awakening. A self taught student, her research carries her into the worlds of the metaphysical, quantum physics, the 2012 phenomena, conspiracy theories and everything in between. Her muse sings the loudest among the creative energy in New Orleans, a place she loves both before and after Katrina. To learn more about the book or the author visit www.synarchynovel.com or http://www.dcs-svt.com/

She is hard at work on the second book in the Synarchy Series, The Ascension and several short stories loosely based off of a few characters from the book.


About the book:

“I will die to see my will done, and it will be done.”

-Stefano Terenzio, 48 hours before his death


Thirteen bloodlines, The Brotherhood, fanatically loyal to their gods, the Anunnaki, have controlled the planet since his-story was written. In 1925 Stefano Vasco Terenzio, head of the Terenzio crime family makes a deal with the Anunnaki to solidify his control over the American Mafia. Clever and manipulative, Stefano’s true goal was to put his family in a position so one day they would be able to turn on their masters.


Two generations later, the shock wave he ignited was still being felt. Now, as the world inches closer to 2012, time is running out. The only thing in the Brotherhoods way is Terenzio, a family now divided as a truly epic battle begins that will determine whether mankind continues existing in a world of lies, or shatters the chains that have held it prisoner since his-story was written.

Shocking yet hopeful, Synarchy slowly unravels the tightly laced reality we have created for ourselves. Blending the metaphysical with conspiracy, fact with fiction, debut author DCS has opened up a world that will force you to rethink everything you believe about your own. The knowledge within provokes the question; do you really want to know?


Review:

I made a crucial mistake at first that confused me a bit. It’s very important to look at the dates in the book. Suddenly I found myself confused and saw that I had missed that it was the 1950’s. That I get for reading too fast. When I had cleared that up I could get back to doing some serious reading. But do be aware, read it carefully or you will miss crucial things, and keep track of those years. I needed to know what was going to happen, and oh no! The book ended and now I must wait for the next one.

This was not your usual Mafia type book, I kind of guessed that when I read about the Annunaki. There are aliens in this book, evil ones and good ones. And mankind is doomed to perish time after time because we can’t learn to get along, be happy and ascend. To find our true place among the stars. There are a lot to keep track of, and I liked it. But then I have also been somewhat of a New Ager and I liked the thoughts in this book. It felt scary in a way to think about if negative thoughts actually do the things they do, and if we all think positively what that could change.

This is then a story about the Terenzio crime family, and we get to follow them in this crucial time, and we also have flashbacks to the past to learn what happened then. Now in 2012 the family is divided. Those who follow the Annunaki and do not want man to ascend and those who stand against these strange aliens who wants to control everything. The fight will get hard, and can they truly win against those odds? It’s family against family.

There is a lot going on in this book, and there are a lot of people involved, and it gets even more complicated in the end. But I can’t say anything because that would spoil it. And I always get swept up in books, and this one made me question a lot. Yes I am pretty sure that weird aliens are not controlling every single important government and companies in the world, but hey you never know. I liked the spin of it all. It’s good when a book can make you look over your shoulder, just in case.

Who is then my favourite person, because there are a lot of Terenzios. Stefano, he who started it all, he does sound pretty cool. But I would not have liked to have met him, I would have been too afraid. I like the triplets, Simone, Vasco and Lucien. Those I want to read more about, and I know for sure that there will be more about them because they are very crucial to this book. And I can tell you... I never saw it coming.

The end, well it left you wanting more. It ended with a sort of cliffhanger, because everything is still unclear and I have no idea at all what will happen. Anything could and surely will. I liked the reincarnation bits in this book, and the New Age stuff. The author has done her homework.


So a fast phased book that had me guessing until the end, and then left me with a big, then what? Who dies, who lives and loves? You will find mystery, drama, passion, a thriller with a bit of everything in it.

But yes the negative part is to keep focused and don't miss the crucial parts, and it can get confusing now and again.

received a copy for a review


13 comments:

  1. It does sounds good. I often struggle with constantly changing time lines. I think that is because of read too fast though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow; This sounds like a great read Blodeuedd. Wonderful review!

    I will have to check this book out.

    I see what you mean about your blog. I will go into your Blogger and check it out as soon as I get a chance.

    It looks like a problem with one of the photobucket pictures...

    I'll see what I can do. ;)

    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! It's a complicated book, but a fast read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrap girl.
    At least with this one it was clearly marked. I read a book some weeks ago where i had to give up cos it jumped from time to time and you never knew which time it was. So this one was great in that aspect, if I only learned to read, lol.

    Lea,
    Thank you Lea, you are my hero!!

    Yvonne,
    Fast indeed, good luck with your review. i will look forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound good and awesome review! I love a book that has me guessing to the end and while I don't like cliffhangers, I do like that they usually mean another book especially if I loved it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really great review of my work. Thanks so much Blodeuedd!

    And don't be scared of Stefano. He's a big softie at heart :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dar,
    Oh yes cliffhangers drive me crazy, I am a very inpatient person, lol.

    DCS.
    Great book :)
    And really, a softie at heart. Sounds good, cos he did sound very interesting, and I have a weird soft spot for the mafia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Blodeuedd!

    Great review! This sounds like something I would enjoy...I love the suspense, but this one sounds different...Mafia and supernatural? Hmmm...something to look into!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done that before when I didn't look at the dates in the beginning. I don't do it anymore. LOL
    I loved when you said it wasn't your typical mafia book. With so many in print this is one I would consider reading after you reviewed it with such favor.
    Thanks...Wisteria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dottie,
    Yup mafia, aliens and supernatural. I never thought I would read a mix like that. But it worked.
    very different.

    Wisteria,
    I have learnt my lessson too now.
    Not at all your typical mafia book, far from it. That I sure promise you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've written a great review!Very thorough, I like that. I am usually not a mafia book person but this book sounds a lot better though, a lot more intrigue which I do like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Lilly :)
    I am getting better I think.
    And not really the typical mafia book, which was very refreshing

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP