Saturday 6 June 2009

Shopaholic and sister - Sophie Kinsella


Shopaholic and Sister by Sophie Kinsella

Yes I know how you all were dying to get more chick-lit ;) I finished this one quickly and got the next one yesterday when it came in to the library.

Becky Bloomwood thought being married to Luke Brandon would be one big Tiffany box of happiness. But to be honest, it's not quite as dreamy as she'd hoped. The trouble started on honeymoon, when she told Luke the tiniest little fib, about the teeniest little purchase. Now she's on a strict budget, she doesn't have a job, and, worst of all, her beloved Suze has a new best friend. She's feeling rather blue - when she gets the biggest shock of her life. She has a long-lost sister!

Becky has never been more excited. Finally, a real sister! They'll have so much in common! They can go shopping together. . . choose shoes together. . . have manicures together. . .

Until she meets her - and makes a dreadful discovery. It can't be true. Surely Becky Bloomwood's long-lost sister can't.… hate shopping?

A sister. A soulmate. A skinflint?
(from the book)


Yup no own blurb here cos this is the 4th one, and I have mostly said all there is to say about Becky and Luke. But a lot of things going on in this one. Becky is on a budget cos she bought everything she could find on their 10 month honeymoon. Luke is working too much and she thinks he has changed. And Suze has found a new best friend. So when Becky finds out she has a sister she gets excited and thinks she has found her soul mate. But there is a problem, Jessica hates shopping and can't stand spending.

Hilarious situations as always, and Becky keeps buying fun stuff, and utter crap. She really should join shop-a-holics Anonymous. But I love her, I can't help it. I would love to have her as a buddy, though oh my how much money I would spend then too. Nope the Becky's better stay away from me. It would ruin me.

This 4th book is just as great as the rest, and I wonder why I haven't read these books before. This one might be the 2nd funniest after the 1st one.

Lovers of chick-lit, read this series. Not as great as Bridget Jones, but she was my way in but compared to other chick'lit books out there that can't even make me smile, then this one is good. It made me smile and giggle over all the follish things that girl does.

Short review today, the 5th one will be coming up too. But now back to my weekend.



14 comments:

  1. I think this series is absolutely laugh out loud funny! Glad you are enjoying them so much. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are really enjoying this set of books. I shall definitely look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Bridget Jones but I really disliked Confessions of a Shopaholic, I've noticed that I'm one of few who didn't like this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the first one and I'm going to read it for sure this summer!! Sounds like a lot of fun is waiting for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the first two books and really enjoyed them, but I thought to read any more might be overkill. But maybe not?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Blodeuedd!

    These books just sound like too much fun!

    My daughter's out of school now, but she's already started summer reading for next fall -- can you believe it? I'm going to order the shopaholic books, they sure sound like a fun fast read! And my daughter and I can share them. I've tried to get her to read some of my books, but she says they're too scary -- right!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaye,
    Yes I am really enjoying them, they are so funny and she is jut so, lol, you know.

    Scrap girl,
    When you get into them they are worth it.

    Ladybug,
    They are no where as near as good as Brudget. But funny enough. Though I did start one long ago and didn't like it, but loved it this time.

    Staci,
    have fun!!! :D

    Nicole,
    For some reasons it works really well. And there are a lot of things happening in her life too.

    Morning Dottie,
    Haha, oh my she sounds like me, I used to say to my mum that certain movies are too scary for her.
    They are so fast to read, you should have seen what I managed during my lunch break. The pages just turn by themselves. And yes they are funny, cute and witty

    ReplyDelete
  8. This series sounds like so much fun Blodeuedd. Glad you are enjoying it!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

    Best
    L

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fun, but... I didn't like Bridget Jones, so...But you never know, maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This series sounds wonderful. I have it in my TBR and slated for some reading challenges. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't gotten this far with the series so I'm happy to hear it's a good one too. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea,
    I am a chick-lit lover at heart cos i do need books that make me laugh. And these sure did.
    Thanks, you too!

    Eva S,
    You didn't, oh really. But then chick-lit is not for all.

    Yvonne,
    It's fun, and so laidback in a way, and I love how crazy she is. You'll see.

    Dar,
    I just finished the 5th one today, I think it's the last one :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember loving the scene when the truck arrives with all the stuff she bought on the honeymoon!! This wasn't my favorite of the Shopaholic books, but I still enjoyed it. Glad you did, too.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anna,
    Hehe oh yes that was a good one, just one table, no, a truck, no...2 trucks!
    Not my fav either but very good and funny still

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP