Saturday 6 December 2014

Book Blog Walkers: Weekly Check-In Dec 5 2014 and 2 PP variations

This challenge is organized by Felicia over at the Geeky Blogger's Book Blog

Sat nada
Sun 40 min walk, 40 min bike
Mon 10 km bike
Tue 4 km bike, 1 hour walk
Wed 4 km bike, 1 hour walk
Thu 4 km bike
Fri 8 km bike

Not a good week. Nothing on Sat cos MIL turned 60.



--------------------------------

The Darcys of Pemberley is the tale of two romances: the continuation of Darcy and Elizabeth’s story, and the courtship of Miss Georgiana. For those who didn’t want Pride and Prejudice to end, this novel gives the opportunity to learn what happens after the wedding, to revisit old friends and foes, and to share the next chapter of their lives. 

My thoughts:
This is a PP sequel. Darcy and Lizzy are married. Family and friends are visiting. Georgiana is entering society, and might have a secret love (well yes she had a secret love ;)

Life goes on. They are happy. Some guests are overstaying their welcome. They wonder if Lady de Bourgh will forgive them (not that they care, cos she is a bitch.) The Wickhams are being bad as always. Babies are born and you will see all your old favorites :)


A nice sequel. I'd like to read more to see if Kitty and Mary finds love. 

Paperback, 306 pages
Published July 30th 2011 by Heather Ridge Arts
The Darcys of Pemberley #1
Pride and Prejudice sequel
Own

Lydia Bennet is the flirtatious, wild and free-wheeling youngest daughter. Her untamed expressiveness and vulnerability make her fascinating to readers who'll love this imaginative rendering of Lydia's life after her marriage to the villainous George Wickham. Will she mature or turn bitter? Can a girl like her really find true love?

In Lydia Bennet's Story we are taken back to Jane Austen's most beloved novel, Pride and Prejudice, to a Regency world seen through Lydia's eyes where pleasure and marriage are the only pursuits. But the road to matrimony is fraught with difficulties and even when she is convinced that she has met the man of her dreams, complications arise. When Lydia is reunited with the Bennets, Bingleys, and Darcys for a grand ball at Netherfield Park, the shocking truth about her husband may just cause the greatest scandal of all ...

My thoughts:
Lydia is such a foolish , foolish girl. So no, I can't say I liked her, I have never liked her. But, she is rather amusing to read about. She is a silly flirt who makes a foolish decision. We all know that.

So this is the story of how Lydia flirts with any man in a uniform, how she goes to Brighton and how she and Wickham run away together.

Foolish girl. But there is a bright side to it all, Lydia will eventually learn her lesson. And I mean eventually, it takes a long long time to get through to her. But there is hope for all, and in the end, I actually liked her. 

Kindle Edition, 358 pages
Published (first published December 1st 2007)
Pride and prejudice variation
Own

24 comments:

  1. MIL stands for 'mother in-law"? My best wishes then :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about these books... not for me.
    Great pictures as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I didn't do so good either. It is the beginning of December.
    2) Yayy! I'm glad she has a secret love
    3) I hate Lydia, so I shall skip this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tried going for a long walk but it was so humid!

    That second book sounds like I would get annoyed with her. I don't' have a lot of patience these days with characters.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it's just muddy and blegh

      She is a handful for sure

      Delete
  5. I am trying to get up the motivation to go for a walk today. But- it is a bit chilly today and it looks like it might rain. Interesting to hear your thoughts on both books!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read an Austen sequel but never seem to be able to fit one in. The first one sounds like one I'd read. Have a good week. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to find the time cos they are always so amusing

      Delete
  7. Oh that's fun! It's nice to have some stories like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear it was a good sequel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely reviews and lovely pics. I love the ducks!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm such a sucker for P&P sequels, retellings, you name it. Lovely reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the ducks in the winter! That is awesome!! Looks like it was still a pretty good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, some characters are thoroughly unlikable, yet fun to read about. Also I love the duck photo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP