Saturday 20 June 2015

#FitReaders Check-In: June 19, 2015 and Her Best bet


Join in :D

Sat, 1 h bike and 1 h bike/walk mix
Sun, 1.10h bike
Mon, 1 h bike
Tue 1,5 bike, 30 min walk
Wed, 1 h bike
Thu, 1 h bike, 1 h walk
Fri, 30m in walk?


-------------------------

Face her ten-year reunion as a lowly traffic manager? No way. Izzy Gordon is going to realize her dream of becoming a filmmaker. Her documentary about an old Wisconsin lodge and its gangster history is sure to be a winner. And she's got an ace up her sleeve, since her family owns the land.Too bad this film drops her into a brewing feud. Seems her family wants to sell the property and the lodge owners are fighting to stay open. They've drafted Gib Murphy--globe-trotting photojournalist and prodigal grandson--to stack their hand. Wow. Could this get worse? Apparently it could, because she's developing a thing for Gib...one he's returning. So at what point does her bluff get called and she has to confess her real identity? 

My thoughts:
I do like a book you can read in a day *coughs* few hours. Cos it was just really short and easy. Forgettable too, not in a bad way just..you know.

Izzy wants to do more with her life, those old dreams of being in show business. To make movies. So she makes a documentary.

Gib comes back to his grandparents who has a rundown resort. But they do not own the land and it is being sold...but Izzy's parents!

They meet, have fun, fall in love. She does not tell him her real name. She has a fiance that she does not want. Tiny bit of drama and then they love happily ever after.

Conclusion:
It was good for the purpose I wanted it for. A sweet short read.

Cover
ok

Paperback, 248 pages
Published October 13th 2009 by Harlequin
Contemporary romance
Own

32 comments:

  1. Regular working out, beautiful scenery and no-brainer book : a perfect mix ! Are those cherry tree flowers ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, got sick so less work out time for me this week. I lost some weight though lol

    I need short and light reads too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an evil flu that wont go away, sigh

      Delete
  3. 1) Awwwe you take such pretty pics
    2) Cheesy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the pics you take. So pretty.

    I used to love the Harlequin SuperRomance line. I haven't read any in awhile though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while since I read one of them too

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures - the weather must be so nice there!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes that is the perfect book for a lazy afternoon. I love the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good FitReader week! & gorgeous views as always.

    I do like really quick read books like that - especially between other longer, more serious reads. Their my palette cleanser books :-)

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D

      Oh they are So awesome for that

      Delete
  8. Nice work on the bike... I think I would have shied away from that book because of the cover. eep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great week with the bike rides, and such lovely views, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet and short sounds nice and love your sunset pic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I agree. I downloaded and read a little book last night, even though it's not what I usually read or even memorable in any way. But sometimes you need something like that :) Your exercising is still as amazing as ever - I managed 3 days this week - how pathetic :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D
      Hey, 3 is good, it's better than nothing!

      Delete
  12. It's nice to have short stories like that from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. another good exercise week for you and hey sometimes we need books that are sweet and easy, where we don't have to think overly much :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover looks old-school. Sounds like a good beach read :)
    Good on the exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to get serious about the exercising. You are so awesome at doing it every day. *sigh* I fail.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP