Tuesday 9 June 2015

No Cause to Repine - Rose Fairbanks

When a simple accident is misinterpreted and threatens Elizabeth Bennet's reputation, her fate seems sealed as Fitzwilliam Darcy's wife. While the bride is resigned, the gentleman could hardly be happier until betrayals and schemes threaten to entirely take the matter out of their hands. Overcoming the plots before them will take all the patience, perseverance and collaboration they can muster, but a partnership requires truth. Self-discovery and trust await Jane Austen's most beloved and willfully blind couple as they attempt to master their own destiny in life and love. 

My thoughts:
You all know by now that I like my variations :D

Here Darcy is about to propose, when something happens. And they have to get engaged in haste. I liked this, cos it was before he said all those stupid things. Instead they get to know each other, they talk, and Lizzy starts to doubt what she knows about him. Maybe she has been too prejudiced? Yes you have been.

They take things slow, because Lady Catherine is of course angry. Bingley and Jane will get their chance. There is still Wickham to worry about. But this is a nice variation and everyone will live happily ever after. I liked how at the end will learned what everyone did, who everyone married. I enjoyed that :)

It was a good variation. They way to learned about each other, fell in love (Darcy was of course in love already.)

Conclusion:
Variations rock! I hope I never tire of them. 

Cover
ok

Kindle Edition, 239 pages
Published May 25th 2015 by Rose Fairbanks
Pride and Prejudice variation
Own

36 comments:

  1. I hope you never do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read more P&P variations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I wonder if there's P&P fanfic out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, tricky question, I am not an expert

      Delete
  4. You do love P&P... what is wrong with me, I could take or leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hello! I want to read this. I love P & P fanfics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you liked it! You've made me one happy editor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't actually like the original story, and I know it's blasphemy. :) But retellings don't work for me even when I like the original.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have Netflix? Have you seen Death Comes to Pemberley? It's a great variation too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They showed it here around xmas :) Of course I watched it, hihi

      Delete
  9. I always love to find a good variation like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A VERY happy Wednesday to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I'm not a big historical fiction reader, I do love the variations on Jane Austen books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite JA novel and I like the sound of this novel. I never read any variation od P&P but I might give this one a try. Love the cover too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes give it a go :D They are so much fun

      Delete
  13. You make this one sound fun. Perhaps I will pick one up as my next read :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never tried a variation, but they do sound like fun. Maybe I will :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the sound of this, and I never seem to tire of P&P retellings/variations either. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP