Thursday 16 June 2016

The Blood Curse - Emily Gee

Those who drink the water shall thirst for blood. They shall be as wild beasts. 
A blood curse is ravaging the Seven Kingdoms. Fugitive Osgaardan prince, Harkeld, is the one person who can destroy it. Guarded by Sentinel mages, pursued by Fithian assassins, he begins the final—and most dangerous—stage of his quest: entering the cursed kingdom of Sault, where drinking even one drop of water means madness and death. 
But the mages aren’t the only travellers heading east. Princess Brigitta, abducted by Fithian assassins, is also bound for Sault—unless she can escape. And in close pursuit is her loyal armsman, Karel. 
Young orphan, Jaumé, is also headed for Sault—where he will be forced to make decisions that will change the fate of the Seven Kingdoms forever. 

My thoughts:
This is old school fantasy, it's light and they are on a journey.

First we have Harkeld and the witches. Sometimes I just wanted to hit him. The witches are good! They are trying to help! Do not be an ass about it. It's the whole, oh you lied to me, Innis is not a man! Get over it Harky boy. But then again I can understand his anger, I'd be totally embarrassed too. 
Also, the witches have been dying like flies so far, they do not seem that powerful.

Another POV is Britta who has been taken by assassins. She had courage. She truly has grown.

And then there is the little POV of Jaume and Brennick. They are hunting Hark.

This world is so messed up. There is a curse who turns people into sorts of zombies who kill and kill. It's really bad and the whole continent is going under. They are also bigots who hate witches, and that had me so mad DO not kill those who are helping. But then everyone always has to hate someone.

Conclusion:
It was light, it was a fast read and then in was over. I do like a good trilogy

Cover
pretty

Paperback, 575 pages
Published June 23rd 2015 by Solaris
The Cursed Kingdoms #3
Fantasy
Own

38 comments:

  1. I'm always up for a light and fast read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when they are good and quick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that was another Vampire Empire book by the Griffeth's. The cover looks very similar.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm #3! I have read one Emily Gee book and I quite liked it, although I only read a little fantasy. Her dad is a really well known author here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I'm adding this to Goodreads. Sometimes I really want something light, fun and quick to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I do love a quick read and this world sounds pretty crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read Emily Gee, but I remember seeing your reviews for the previous books and thinking I would love to read. The covers are always so beautiful too.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rostant does make great fantasy covers, just the way I like them

      Delete
  8. it's nice to have a good trilogy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like all roads are converging in this one. I haven't read a light fantasy in a while. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like everyone needs a group to hate these days. *sigh*

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sad fact of the world today, and well, the world always

      Delete
  11. Always a joy to read your views on books. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad it ended well, I have been eying this trilogy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good old school fantasy and this author sounds vaguely familiar so I'll have to look her up and give this series a shot. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the ..well sweet feeling of it all. You know the good guys will live

      Delete
  14. What a craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy world!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could go for old school fantasy. Nothing wrong with that. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to read more fantasy.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP