Friday 22 September 2017

Audio Review: Highland Flame - Mary Wine

Laird Diocail Gordon has just come into his title and inherited his uncle's run-down castle and rag-tag clan. He knows the sorry sight of the castle would send any woman running, but is determined to find a wife to help return his home to its former glory. Widow Jane Stafford is on a mission-return to England even if it means trudging through the Scottish Highlands on foot. Her travels lead her straight to the path of danger until a mysterious, brawny man comes out of nowhere and saves her-and the spark between them is immediate. With a target on Jane's back, she knows the only way to stay safe is to go with Diocail. But the real trouble will be guarding her heart from her newly ignited Highland flame . . . 

My thoughts:
I have enjoyed this series so far and when we met Diocail in the previous book I was curious to know more. The Gordons have caused a LOT of troubles in previous books. 

But Diocail is new to the lairdship and he will hopefully bring some order to the land. But the keep is in ruins and no one is doing anything to fix it. Good for them that he is persistent. 

Jane had a crappy marriage and is now on her own and trying to get back to England. She had courage and would not back down. A spine of steel.

They meet, they clash and they start falling in love. But the road there is long. The clansmen do not want an Englishwoman! The English suck after all.

His retainers were so much fun. They started to like having her around and I kind of wanted a story for all of them after that. I just got to know them so well.

But before that it seems Simon Grant is getting a story, or Brenda (She so deserves love so hopefully hers first).

Narrator Anthony Ferguson
Oh I could not listen to a Wine book without him narrating. He is the characters. I like how he does them and with that fine accent of his.

Listen to a sample

Cover
ok

Audio CD, 9h
Published September 5th 2017 by Tantor Audio
Highland Weddings #4
Historical romance
For review

27 comments:

  1. I'm seeing a lot of historical romance floating around at the moment. :)
    Think I need to start adding some to the TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beena while since I haven't read a book like that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would love to listen to a man narrate a Highland book! And Lairds are like Dukes, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean in sexyness or in actual noble order? Cos I fear lairds are far down

      Delete
    2. Haha! Sexiness of course! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I think I might like this book. Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great review Blodeuedd. I interviewed Mary's alter ego Dawn Ryder not too long ago about her new release Take to the Limit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually don't listen to many romances on audio. Sounds like a good one though, especially with the accent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go you and your audiobook listening! And I completely agree with you on narrators - sometimes the narrator makes the book/series, and I cannot imagine or accept anyone else reading.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well at least she gets along w/ his retainers. That helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a lot of fun! I've been reading so many duds lately that I might give it a go.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice back muscles highlander :) This one sounds good, I enjoy audio books from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you enjoyed this one. I need to get started on this series soon. I am happy to hear that you like the narrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scottish book with good narrator. Sounds like a winner to me.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP