Saturday 23 September 2017

Saturday Night Movie: Voice from the stone

Set in 1950s Tuscany, Voice from the Stone is the haunting and suspenseful story of Verena, a solemn nurse drawn to aid a young boy who has fallen silent since the sudden passing of his mother.

Director: Eric D. Howell
Writers: Silvio Raffo (novel), Andrew Shaw (screenplay)
Stars: Emilia Clarke, Marton Csokas, Caterina Murino

Drama Myster Thriller / 1h 34 min

Musings:
It started slow, yes don't they all! Why am I choosing these? Well I want a bit of lesser known movies to be honest to review. Also, I like finding movies based on novels.

It's about a boy that wont talk after his mum died and there is something strange about his behavior.

Emilia Clarke's Verena tries to help him and she does a good job in her role, especially later on.

The movie is one of those you just watch. Not awesome. Not bad. And then it gets interesting towards the end. Suspenseful and creepy. The end was the best part.

I think this one works better a dark evening, when it is raining ;)



18 comments:

  1. I like watching movies no one has heard about too. :) I like giving those films a little spotlight, because some of them are secret gems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suspenseful and creepy...my kind of movie. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emilia Clarke is so typecast now, I don't think I can see her in any other role and not think Khaleesi :P

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so different here that it did not strike me

      Delete
  5. Emilia Clark!!! Gotta watch it now! Plus I'm nuts for thriller movies!! Can you review some psychological thrillers as I love thriller movies! I really enjoy your short movie reviews! 💟💟💟
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I will see what I can find :D I have some reviews still to go but then I am out

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of this movie. I do like creepy though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait... suspenseful and creepy? What the heck - I though this was one of those "just watch," but it sounds like there is much more going on!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP