Wednesday 20 September 2017

Long, tall Cowboy Christmas - Carolyn Brown

Nash Lamont is a man about as solitary as they come. That's exactly why ranch life in middle-of-nowhere Happy, Texas suits him. So what the heck is he doing letting a beautiful widow and her three rambunctious children temporarily move in? Before he knows it, they're stringing Christmas lights and decorating the tree... and he's having the time of his life. But after everything he's been through, Nash knows this kind of happiness doesn't last.

Kasey Dawson thought she'd never get over the death of her husband. Nash, with his strong hands and infinite patience, is stirring something she hasn't felt in a long time. Kasey knows the sexy cowboy isn't telling her everything about this past, though. And she refuses to risk heartbreak all over again. But her kids have a plan of their own: Nothing will keep them from having a real family again-even if it takes a little help from Santa himself. 

My thoughts:
You might have noticed I liked my Brown books, I have only read about 21 *coughs*. I like them because...

1. Cowboys. Honestly what is it with me and some guy in jeans, boots and his hat. Damn. They love their animals, their farm and are not afraid to get their hands dirty.

2. Small towns. Yes there are the gossipy small minded folk there too, but most often it is a close knit community where people can rely on each other.

3. The country music. Ok so this one is weird, but it just makes me feel like I am in Texas when I am told there is some country music playing on the radio and the character drums their fingers and sings along.

4. The food. For some reason they are always eating pie, yummy cookies, burgers, cinnamon rolls, you name it. Everything sounds delish.

5. The sweetness of it all. These are sweet books, sure they have a few passionate moments, but mostly these are cute books where they meet, fall in love and it's sweet you know.

And all those things happened in this book ;)

Kasey was a mother of 3 and do wants more kids, She is sweet, hard working and loves her kids beyond all.

Nash suffers from PTSD and there is a reason he is in happy. This was one hero for the books, he is really messed up. Poor guy is in a black hole at times. I am glad he met someone to help him out.

And they kids are the sweetest and it takes place before xmas. Awww, and everyone lived happily ever after.

Conclusion:
A lovely book

Cover
Nice

Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Expected publication: September 26th 2017 by Forever
Happy, Texas #2
Contemporary romance
NetGalley

29 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by her, but everyone I know who has read her loves her! But she has so many books though! I don't know even know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where to start....yikes, you know what..pick one at random :D

      Delete
  2. Cowboys + small town = must read :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read a couple of her books and I did like them. I should probably read more from her, this sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear Cowboys are sexy as sin and Brown writes them so well. Her writing doesn't always work for me, I think I just read her at the wrong times. Need to get back to her soon because I want some more cowboy loving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cowboys too and .... any book that explores those dealing with PTSD get me hooked in too. Sold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cowboys and Christmas *adding to wish list*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always consider reading a cowboy book after one of your reviews. I think I haven't b/c I know too many that aren't like that. LOL Still... a book cowboy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're starting on the Christmas themed books already, eh? ;-)

    And I understand where you're coming from with all your reasons. I like some country music too, despite what some people say. It puts me in a carefree mood.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you know the publishers

      it is just something about it

      Delete
  9. I've got this one coming up on my review pile. Can't wait. I do love her books, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just started this! I love Carolyn Brown books, too! Cowboys are so sexy, and yes, she always mentions great food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure do like this author and her cowboys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked the idea of this one, and I was tempted, but since I wasn't a huge fan of the first in the series, I skipped it. But I really like the h/h in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do fear that if that one was not for you then none are :/

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP