Saturday 8 August 2020

DNFS of 2020 part 1

Here comes a DNF list for the first 6 months of 2020

The Sunday Lunch Club by Juliet Ashton
Meh, I want more than meh

White wedding by Milly Johnson
I had actually dnfed this one before, ooops. And it was still so meh

Let you go by Clare Mcintosh
I was going through my have been sitting on my shelf for years, got them for free books. Did not grab me

Passenger by Aleandra Bracken
So long too, nope, gotta move me then

Girl, woman, other by Bernadine Evaristo
Omg, no punctuation! I just can not

Master of Sorrows by Justin Call Travis
I tried the audio, might be better in print

The telephone box library by Rachael Lucas
I actually read half of it, and then lost interest. I had tried for 3 weeks
¨
Clap when you land by Elizabeth Acevedo
Yeah, maybe not in audio. Prose in audio, no

The other half of Augusta Hope by Joanna Glen
No

The Rakess by Scarlett Peckham
I was all, yes a woman can be a rake too! But it was bloody depressing. She was sad she slept with them

Highfire by Eoin Colfer
I tried so hard, but it tried too much

The girls with no names by Serena Burdick
I think it would be better in print

The pilot and the puck-up by Pippa Grant
She was strangely occupied from keeping her 26 year old sister from boinking, what was up with that? She was all rabid dog about it, omg must let your Sis DO IT. She is 26!!! Just because she is from a small town she does not know that some men are only game for a night, come on

I am so sad, it was a bit too much for me.

She was unlikable.
He was too much




23 comments:

  1. Great to see a good DNF list. I've been throwing out a few that have been on my TBR actual shelf with out even opening them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to give them a few pages before they went ;D

      Delete
  2. I'm glad none of these are on my TBR. I haven't actually counted my DNF's for this year so far. I'd have to check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one here on my TBR, Master of Sorrows. Sadly, if I can't take the audio, I don't often don't find the print to be any better :(

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time with fantasy on audio for some reason

      Delete
  4. Yep, out they go if they aren't grabbing you or just getting you mad. I've been in the bad habit of skimming if a book doesn't grab me and wasting more time than necessary before setting aside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, the time we spend on stuff we do not enjoy

      Delete
  5. White Wedding made me think of Billy Idol lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a few dnf books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Queen of DNF lol You even double DNF'd!

    I'm getting much better about it.

    I'm the opposite with Clap When You Land though. I do much better with audio when it's verse.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I have to keep better track ;)

      I am back! With a vengeance. No time for badbooks.

      Oh really? I just could not. It felt wrong to hear it, I am really curious how reading would turn out

      Delete
  8. I don't see anything I've read on the list. That's a good sign, right?

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP