Thursday 10 December 2020

Audio: Grave War by Kalayna Price

Narrated by: Emily Durante


Series: Alex Craft, Book 7


Length: 13 hrs and 7 mins


Release date: 11-24-20


Publisher: Tantor Audio


Urban fantasy


To review




The end? Oh no, I had not realised it before the actual epilogue. But it was a perfect ending and I was happy.





Alex in in charge of FIB, and is unsure. Faelan is Winter King, and well issues there too (I still want her with Death though, alas no, I can't even remember what happened. Anyway, this is not a book to jump in too, like all UF it has to be read in order. A lot has happened. Grave Witch stuff, evil queens, ghosts and much more. And in this final installment a bomb ruins a gateway and all of Faerie suffers.





Alex has a lot on her plate. Things go down, and yes I can't really say more about that. It has been a great series and I will miss it. There are too few new UF series that wow me these days. These from the golden days are always good reads. I hope she writes more UF soon.




I read the first few and then I have listened to Emily Durante narrate these last 3 and she has been great. I like her voices for everyone, her tone and feel of the book. I highly recommend listening to this series.






Grave witch Alex Craft has forged an uneasy truce with the world of Faerie, but she’s still been trying to maintain at least some semblance of a normal life in the human world. So it’s safe to say that stepping up as the lead investigator for the Fae Investigation Bureau was not a career path she ever anticipated taking.




When an explosion at the Eternal Bloom threatens to upend the fae who make their home in our world, Alex finds herself in charge of the most far reaching investigation she’s ever tackled. And it’s only her first week on the job. With the threats mounting and cut off from half her allies, Alex can’t wait on the sidelines and hope the fae’s conflicts stay contained within their borders.


17 comments:

  1. its so good when the end of a series is good. Glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear this ended perfectly! It is hard to find good UF, right? I'll check this series since I haven't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to read this series. I guess since it is now over, I should get started! It sounds like audio could be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I didn't realize this was it for the series! I've read through book 4 and then while I was waiting for the next book to release I guess I got distracted and all of a sudden there were 7! I need to reread (it's been too long) and then binge the rest. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a wait somewhere, I remember being surprised that it was finally out

      Delete
  5. Glad the last book was a good one. I want to read this series eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always think these books would be great in audio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *gasp* I loved this series, but had NO IDEA this was out!!! Good to know it's more of an epilogue going into it. It's nice when UF series can wrap up with a pretty bow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The epilogue was at the end obvi :I

      Delete
    2. Gah—brain fog! I hate when things don't compute. But I've got this ordered so I might have to do a series binge soon, it's bee a long time since I've read the first few books.

      Delete
  8. OooOOOooo I am intrigued mah dear!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP