Thursday 19 August 2021

One of us is next by Karen M.McManus


Series: One of Us Is Lying (#2)


375 pages, Paperback


Published: January 7, 2020 by Penguin


YA Fiction mystery


Library






I did not feel this one was as strong as the first. I felt too adult this time around. Like omg, last time someone killed himself and then framed people for his murder. So when it starts again 1 year later then maybe talk to the cops, or teachers, or parents. Instead some are all fun! And some are all, not playing! Well, someone dies and I blame everyone in this HS. Stupid kids.




Ok, so missed the character change even though their name is on top. The characters were not as strong as in book 1. Maeve who went all detective should have been as cool.

How did this person find all secrets in the end?




Eh, not much to say, I know I am all negative, but it was still good, fast and easy. Just, stupid teens. Everyone deserve to be in jail





It is a year after the action of One of Us Is Lying, and someone has started playing a game of Truth or Dare.




But this is no ordinary Truth or Dare. This game is lethal. Choosing the truth may reveal your darkest secrets, accepting the dare could be dangerous, even deadly.




The teenagers of Bayview must work together once again to find the culprit, before it's too late . . .


16 comments:

  1. "Just, stupid teens. Everyone deserve to be in jail"
    😂

    I haven't read either of those...but then again, from what I hear, YA thrillers are maybe the weakest link in the chain for this age range. So many mean kids and implausibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this was not the same experience as the first book, but I still liked it and was happy McManus brought back some of the OG characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not bad, it just made me annoy with everyone, someone should have stepped in, somewhere

      Delete
  3. Okay so characters just didn't come up to what you'd expect. Good you still enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Everyone deserves to be in jail" ha love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember your review of the first book and OH!!! Now I know who was lying! Seems weird to have a second book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would rather have it take place somewhere else

      Delete
  6. I agree, the first one was better. I enjoyed this one but I can't hardly even remember the plot now, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear this one didn't deliver like the first one did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect summer read! Quick and fast!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP