Wednesday 27 September 2023

Audio: Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare


By: Tessa Dare


Narrated by: Carmen Rose


Series: Castles Ever After, Book 1


Length: 9 hrs


Release date: 01-28-14


Publisher: HarperAudio


Historical romance /Bookbeat.fi






Aww this one was sweet and fun! Isolde inherits a castle from her godfather. The only problem that someone lives in that castle, a grumpy handsome blind Duke. A Duke who says it is his castle.




Isolde has nothing, a few pennies at most. She needs this castle. Her father left her with nothing. Her fairytale writing famous father (men!!! think ahead please.) 






I liked the fairytale aspect of it all. People loved those tales, and are cosplaying as characters. Which was very cool for this age.




The Duke has issues of his own. His is blind. He has not learned to deal with it infront of other people He still dwells in his own sorrow.




And in comes Isolde like a quiet whirlwind. He is grumpy, she is just trying to get by.




I really liked these two together. Very sweet.




Great narration. Always superb, and with a good range of voices





As the daughter of a famed author, Isolde Ophelia Goodnight grew up on tales of brave knights and fair maidens. She never doubted romance would be in her future, too. The storybooks offered endless possibilities.




And as she grew older, Izzy crossed them off. One by one by one.




Ugly duckling turned swan?

Abducted by handsome highwayman?

Rescued from drudgery by charming prince?




No, no, and... Heh.




Now Izzy's given up yearning for romance. She’ll settle for a roof over her head. What fairy tales are left over for an impoverished twenty-six year-old woman who’s never even been kissed?



14 comments:

  1. It's been a minute since I've read Tessa Dare but I always have with it! I'm pushing this one up on my TBR list! Great review, Linda!

    Simply Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D
      I just went all in and listened to all those that I had missed

      Delete
  2. I keep saying that I need to read this author. This sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a delightful and heartwarming tale! The mix of fairytale elements and the characters' personal challenges seems to create a compelling story. And it's great to hear that the narration added to the overall experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just so sweet, and September has been a romance month. It was nice to end with this cute one

      Delete
  4. Oh this sounds super cute. Kind of reminds me of that movie with Brooke Shields and the castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that was a fun one. I need more movies like that

      Delete
  5. I think this was my first Tessa Dare and I loved it, too. I've been a fan ever since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is one of the first historical romance authors I ever read

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you liked this a hair more than me

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP