Sunday 25 August 2024

Movie Night: An American in Austen



Harriet, who thinks that no real man compares to Mr. Darcy, is transported into Pride and Prejudice and gets an unexpected chance to find out. 





Director: Clare Niederpruem


Writers: Cameron JohannJane Austen


Stars: Eliza Bennett, Nicholas Bishop, Nell Barlow


1.24h /2024





I was ill for two weeks so yes I might have watched a Hallmark movie or three ;) And hey this was an Austen one!!!




Harriet wakes up and is left at the Bennet estate and is told she is their cousin. Whaat? She was just in the US and wondered if her boyfriend really is the one.




First, I liked how they were all 30? Omg Harriet you are such an old spinster. They played it well. I did enjoy seeing Darcy fall for her, and realising that he is all wrong for her. She is doing her best trying to get everyone to end up with the right person.




Fun movie. Even if she realised that Darcy is not all that. But I guess you can not stay in Austen land forever.







5 comments:

  1. I like Austen variations as long as they don’t involve zombies. My imagination does not stretch that far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! Sorry to hear you were sick! I hope the Hallmark movies were entertaining while you recovered and I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to watch this one.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP