Tuesday 2 November 2021

TMST


 

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.





11/2/2021 Sci-Fi Stories: do you read them? Futuristic? Machine? Space Opera? Sci-Fi Romances?



I do like sci-fi, but I do not read a lot.


* I do. NOT like tech heavy books, they are too much for me


* I DO like romance, wohoo


* Space opera is good, cos bring it.


* I have actually liked some machine ones, so yes everything works if it is really good. Still tech is boring




If we compare to movies, I will rather watch Star gate than Star Trek. I like new worlds, drama and action. Ships are kind of meh






11/9/2021 Do you use reading subscriptions (e.g., Kindle Unlimited, Scribd, etc)? Why/why not?


11/16/2021 Do authors/narrators actions, political beliefs, etc impact your view of their work?


11/23/2021vGratitude. What books/authors/narrators/bloggers are you most thankful for this year?


11/30/2021 Book cover love: Share some book covers that you loved in 2021





22 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of still need romance in my sci-fi to keep me interested lol But i have been reading more of it.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more romance the better..no, scratch that, not too much

      Delete
  3. I can read some like cyborgs and such. It's not the usual genre I read though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tech is boring to me too, and I'll read all of these if there's a bit of romance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all of these things as long as they don't get too bogged down with details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, too many details is not my cup of tea

      Delete
  6. Yep, I sure do, though I think this year I read less because as you say the genre can get too heavy on the tech and lingo sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is harder for me when Eng is not my first language :/

      Delete
  7. I enjoy reading sci-fi, but it seems like it's so much easier to find fantasy than good SF reads. Maybe that's because I need my SF to be character driven and most of it is written by men who write more technical than I prefer...
    Speaking of space opera, I love Jessie Mihalik's writing and I think she's got a new one coming out. I should go look it up to make sure I haven't missed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! It is So much easier to find fantasy. My library has almost no sci-fi, so that is not an option. And I usually only hear of the big ones if I want to buy :/

      Omg, a new one? I love her books

      Delete
  8. I love it, but don't read it as much as other genres. Yes to SFR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sci-fi, and this year I've read LOTS of adult books in the genre via NG/EW. Maybe not so much "hard sci-fi" (your "tech is boring" 😉) - I like time travel, stories set in space, VR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stargate SG-1 is one of the best shows ever. I get your comparison, but all of the Star Trek spinoffs were pretty character driven and visited all sorts of new worlds (wasn't that in their motto?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like the new Star Trek, still, I would choose Stargate anyday ;)

      Delete
  11. The question is, where do you stand on Star Wars? Original, prequel trilogy, new Disney stuff?? It is probably my favorite sci-fi movie series. I could also include The Matrix, Twelve Monkeys, Jurassic Park/World. I do read some in books too. I've read some cyborg, one where you could back up your memories to a cloud and be put into a clone if your body dies. I don't like if they too technical though, too.

    Melanie @ Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, obvi Star Wars is awesome! It's very light and cheesy. I like them all :D

      New Disney stuff though *yawn* No, can't keep up. You can't put out a new series every week

      I do not even consider JP sci.fi, lol, I never thought of that, oops

      Matrix, yes very cool

      Delete
  12. I'm so gosh darn picky with SCIFI

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP