Wednesday 16 November 2022

Until the last of me - Sylvain Neuvel


Series; Take Them to the Stars (#2)


Format; 304 pages, Hardcover


Published March 17, 2022 by Michael Joseph


Scifi/ His fic / library





I was not that keen on book 1, but it was still really compelling and I could not let it go. So I read more.




Mia and her daughter is on the run. Just as all women before them have done for the last 3000 years. Oh and they are all clones of each other. And aliens. And the men hunting them are also the same race that want their people to come there.




Always run. Avoid the psychotic men hunting them. Give knowledge to mankind, oh and find that bloody thing that the hunters are after.




Yes this one was better and now I really want book 3, cos damn...damn! Damn






Over 100 generations, Mia's family has shaped Earth's history to push humanity to the stars, making brutal, wrenching choices along the way. And now Mia finds herself about to help launch the first people into space. She can't take them to the stars, not quite yet. But with her adversary almost upon her, and with the future of the planet at stake it's becoming clearer that obeying the First Rule is no longer an option.  For the first time since her line's first generation, Mia will have to choose to stand her ground, knowing that the overwhelming odds mean that she risks not only her bloodline, but also the future of the human race.


A darkly satirical thriller, as seen through the eyes of the women who sacrifice all to make progress possible and the men who are determined to stop them...


Always run, never fight.

Preserve the knowledge.

Survive at all cost.

Take them to the stars.


12 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. I don't recall your review of the first one. This one seems so mysterious. What is going on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I did one, might have gone the same way as Lapvona.
      Weird shit is going on. Aliens hunt other aliens.

      Delete
  2. Avoid psychotic men - solid advice lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved his Themis Files series so I would give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to catch up with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I got a scifi book in this month! :D yay me

      Delete
  5. Glad you pushed through to do the next book!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP