Monday 26 June 2023

Carole´s Monday: Storm Cursed

 



Author: 
Patricia Briggs

Narrator: Lorelei King
Title: Storm Cursed
Series: Mercy Thompson #11
Genre: UF, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Published: May 7, 2019
Pages: Library

Summary: 
My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.
And a coyote shapeshifter.
And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.

Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I hadn’t stood upon a bridge and taken responsibility for the safety of the citizens who lived in our territory. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. It should have only involved hunting down killer goblins, zombie goats, and an occasional troll. Instead, our home was viewed as neutral ground, a place where humans would feel safe to come and treat with the fae.

The reality is that nothing and no one is safe. As generals and politicians face off with the Gray Lords of the fae, a storm is coming and her name is Death.

But we are pack, and we have given our word.

We will die to keep it



Review: 
Back at it again with my girl Mercy and her pack. 

Mercy is a coyote shapeshifter and is the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack. No one is safe as the human politicians face off with the Gray Lords of the fae. There is a storm brewing and her name is Death. It will be up to Mercy and her pack to put an end to the dark and save those they promised to protect. 

This one made me sad. It is raining Zombies here....zombie humans, zombie humans, and heck even a zombie dragon. So much death here. This one did deliver an emotional punch. I was worried about all of our beloved characters. The baddies are dark and evil and will do whatever it takes for power. Scary indeed because they have no heart and they will not stop. *shudders*

After the events of this one, I am curious to see what the human politicians will do now. I'm itching for the next book!

The narration was fantastic as per normal. This narrator IS Mercy. The voices are always on point and perfect. I can't imagine anyone else narrating this. 

This was good. Can't wait to start the next...I am FINALLY catching up. 

5 stars.






Challenge(s):
- #27 for Audiobook challenge

9 comments:

  1. I just love this series so much! I am glad that you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 me too! Can't wait to officially be caught up.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read thompson in aGES

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to still be so emotionally invested this many books in.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm terrible at finishing series.

      Delete
  4. Yes! Lorelei King is Mercy to me too! I love this series so much so I'm thrilled to see your 5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Carole as always šŸ’

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP