Saturday 15 July 2023

Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff


 725 pages, Paperback


Series: Empire of the Vampire (#1)


September 7, 2021 by HarperVoyager


Fantasy /own





I am a bit torn. I liked it, and some parts were a bit meh.




It was the way it was told that made me loose interest at times. De Leon tells his story to a vampire. He is imprisoned. First, I hate when it starts like that. He is sentenced to die, like ugh. And then the story is not linear. It starts and then suddenly it is way into the future, and then we go back, and then we go forth. That was the part that did not work for me. It made it hard to connect.




But it was interesting, and good.

Hard to connect though




Torn. I want to give it a good grade, but at the same time I do not plan to read more the day more comes. I do want to know what happens, but meh, cranky today




But! It has amazing illustrations!





From holy cup comes holy light;


The faithful hand sets world aright.


And in the Seven Martyrs’ sight,


Mere man shall end this endless night.




It has been twenty-seven long years since the last sunrise. For nearly three decades, vampires have waged war against humanity; building their eternal empire even as they tear down our own. Now, only a few tiny sparks of light endure in a sea of darkness.




Gabriel de León is a a member of a holy brotherhood dedicated to defending realm and church from the creatures of the night. But even the Silver Order could not stem the tide once daylight failed us, and now, only Gabriel remains.




Imprisoned by the very monsters he vowed to destroy, the last silversaint is forced to tell his story. A story of legendary battles and forbidden love, of faith lost and friendships won, of the Wars of the Blood and the Forever King and the quest for humanity’s last remaining




14 comments:

  1. I kind of want to read this. I even checked it out from the library once but returned it unread. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't like it when a book goes back and forth between time periods because it can get a little confusing. But the story premise sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so weird. Like he was 35? He was 15. He was 30. He was 35. He was 15 sigh

      Delete
  3. Yeah I heard mixed things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of the back and forth timelines either. That's a long book! I do like illustrations, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when a show has a crazy opening scene and then says "24 hours earlier..." and we see what lead up to the crazy scene. But this sounds very confusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See that is where I am different. I hate that and time loops

      Delete
  6. Yay, you got to read it! Probably not his best, but I thought it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I should read one of his other ones? hmm interesting

      Delete
  7. Maybe someday you will try the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doubt it though, library yes but they do not have it

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP